PDA

View Full Version : Floor Mats

BostonStang
08-20-2006, 09:25 AM
Any tips on how to clean the floor matts in these pics. I am worried about the drivers side one. The Mustang emblem has taken a beating and I can't seem to get it too look like the passenger side.

http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l190/brooksdjohnson/Floor%20Mats/

It is more noticable in person than in the pics. The white and the silver on the drivers side are definately dirty.

aceshigh73
08-20-2006, 09:40 AM
I just used the 303 fabric cleaner on my mats.... took out most stains.. only problem was the drivers mat... its beyond hope... but the others that had all sorts of stains from my young son are almost back to 100%.

Reddwarf
08-20-2006, 09:54 AM
I've used the DP Carpet cleaner with some sucess on stains, but it has a really strong chemical smell. Before buying the DP product I used FOLEX with very good results. Helped me to remove melted crayon stains from a fabric seat.

aceshigh73
08-20-2006, 10:51 AM
The 303 left a fairly strong shemical smell as well.. I have them outside airing out right now..... and I also sprayed some febreeze on them to try to help with the smell....

FloridaNative
08-20-2006, 11:16 AM
Have you tried a carpet cleaner? Like what comes with the the little steam vacs? I used Oxy clean recently on some stains on my light grey carpets and it took it right out. Resolve and Folex work well too.

D
08-20-2006, 11:21 AM
I use this Turtle Wax stuff I get locally and the carpet brush attatchment for the PC.

wytstang
08-20-2006, 12:52 PM
Woolite original (white bottle) mixed 12:1 with h2o and Megs interior brush work great. Rinse thoroughly and let dry.

articsilber323
08-20-2006, 02:23 PM
SImple green 2 part water 1 part simple green

i <3 simple green

-z

Neothin
08-20-2006, 03:02 PM
i use a little 5:1 APC and a grey carpet attachment for the PC. Folex on the tough spots. Thoroughly rinse with a hose and then use a strong wet/dry vac to suck everything up and out. You may need to rinse a couple of times.

a hot water extractor will be the best, but alas, those are kinda pricey.

justin_murphy
08-20-2006, 03:13 PM
Vacuum well first. Bad vacuuming leads to more stains and a dirty film that will dry and raise to the top. I suggest a pressure washer. Go to the local car wash if you don't have one. After pressure washing, I spray Purple Power (Advanced Auto...best degreaser I've ever used) full strength while mat is WET. Let soak for about a minute and rinse with pressure washer again. That gets the worst out. You can come back with a 8:1 Woolite mix and brush if you want. The Woolite will give it a good smell and a very bright finish aka optical brighteners.

Justin

BostonStang
08-20-2006, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the help, everyone.

P1et
08-20-2006, 09:42 PM
I have been using Zep Commercial Oxy Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner and it works choice!

Nuke33
01-12-2007, 12:38 AM
Vacuum well first. Bad vacuuming leads to more stains and a dirty film that will dry and raise to the top. I suggest a pressure washer. Go to the local car wash if you don't have one. After pressure washing, I spray Purple Power (Advanced Auto...best degreaser I've ever used) full strength while mat is WET. Let soak for about a minute and rinse with pressure washer again. That gets the worst out. You can come back with a 8:1 Woolite mix and brush if you want. The Woolite will give it a good smell and a very bright finish aka optical brighteners.

Justin

Good tips thanks Justin

D
01-12-2007, 12:54 PM
If you dont want to do what Justin said, then use some DP total interior cleaner with the carpet brush on the PC.

DP interior cleaner is the only cleaner that Ive used that doesnt need to be rinsed out. It dries up like its water, no soapy feeling after. Id do this for the carpet in the car, then what Justin does for the mats.