PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss AW on my truck!

Dusty Bottoms
01-26-2009, 11:27 AM
On Thursday I hit up my local carwash, because it was 45 degrees, and my truck needed a wash very badly. And of course, the streets were covered with water due to snow melting, so by the time I got home I had tons of road spray all over it. I took a couple of cobra 530's and my AW and it put an insane gloss, plus cleaned all of the road spray off like a champ. I went out to take pictures of it on Friday, but of course it was cloudy and starting to snow, and I had to use my 6 year old digital camera. PS. my 2 coats of PB EX-P are holding up very well to this awful winter.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a242/XdustyXbottomsX/my%20truck/DSCN0850.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a242/XdustyXbottomsX/my%20truck/DSCN0851.jpg

CharlesW
01-26-2009, 11:41 AM
It did turn out nice. :)

I'm glad the AW worked for you, but I don't think it is intended to be used as a quick detailer or a wash product.
It's a wax/sealant and I happen to think it is a good one.
I do use it when doing an ONR or 4 in 1 rinseless wash. After the first pass with my drying towel, I spray on the AW and remove it with my second drying pass. Works great that way.
Using it on a vehicle that is basically dirty from road spray seems like asking for a little too much from the AW.

Hey, like many things if it works for you, that's what matters. :)

Dusty Bottoms
01-26-2009, 11:57 AM
Yeah, I just thought I'd give it a shot on doing some small dirty spots, it seriously worked out great. Sprayed it on, one wipe with the mf and it was clean and shiny! Love it!

drastic_detail
01-26-2009, 12:05 PM
Aw is by far my fav spray wax, sealent. And I've tried them ALL!

CharlesW
01-26-2009, 12:20 PM
Aw is by far my fav spray wax, sealant. And I've tried them ALL!It does seem to do a good job. Good enough I buy it by the gallon and I only do my own cars and a couple of cars for friends.
The Optimum OCW kind of interested me because of their claim to have a patented UV protectant in the product.
If you have "tried them ALL", that must include the new OCW. How does the AW outperform the OCW?
I was actually thinking about trying the OCW next time I order a spray wax.
The comments on various forums about the two products are about 50/50 as to which people prefer for looks, application and durability. Looks and application I care about, durability of my spray wax is not really important. My "durable" protection comes from Duragloss #105, Opti-Seal or Collinite Insulator wax. Even those get applied about every 4 to 6 weeks. :)

dublifecrisis
01-26-2009, 12:54 PM
I freshened up my friend's 4 runner yesterday with a DG105 application buffed off with AW. Fantastic stuff.

drastic_detail
01-26-2009, 12:54 PM
It does seem to do a good job. Good enough I buy it by the gallon and I only do my own cars and a couple of cars for friends.
The Optimum OCW kind of interested me because of their claim to have a patented UV protectant in the product.
If you have "tried them ALL", that must include the new OCW. How does the AW outperform the OCW?
I was actually thinking about trying the OCW next time I order a spray wax.
The comments on various forums about the two products are about 50/50 as to which people prefer for looks, application and durability. Looks and application I care about, durability of my spray wax is not really important. My "durable" protection comes from Duragloss #105, Opti-Seal or Collinite Insulator wax. Even those get applied about every 4 to 6 weeks. :)

Aw out performs OCW in every way IMO. I use it because it is sooo slick.

Emile
01-26-2009, 02:30 PM
Very nice job you have there. I use Optimum Car Wax sometimes just because their 5 months' durability claim is insane, and it has a nice shine that brings out the metallic flake in metallic paints very well.

Never tried Duragloss Aqua Wax but I'm also very curious to know how it performs in terms of durability.

Surfer
01-26-2009, 03:00 PM
I love AW, I've barely touched my carnaubas ever since I've started using it. It just looks excellent and is so easy to use.

ScottB
01-26-2009, 06:02 PM
Aw is by far my fav spray wax, sealent. And I've tried them ALL!

Have you tried Four Stars New Polycharged Spray Wax, Zaino Z8 ??? I think both beat AW hands down, but hey its personal opinion. :D

nitro78
01-26-2009, 07:52 PM
four star seemed to have nearly the same look as aw imo. but i agree that z8 is slightly better with a more glossy look as aw seems more silvery.........if that makes sense.