PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Employee Pricing Plus!

Detail4Life
01-26-2009, 10:02 AM
Im needing a new DD for my wife, and was thinking about a Jeep Patriot. They seem to be having some very good sales at the present. Just wondering what everyone thought of this vehicle, thanks.

Emile
01-26-2009, 02:44 PM
It's a decent looking car. Whimpy styling, and the power is okay if you get the 2.4L motor. Has a nice availability of options such as navigation, Bluetooth hands-free calling, leather heated seating, etc. but the price can quickly jump up if you're not careful.

I'm curious as to how it actually drives though. We just returned a 2006 Grand Cherokee Limited V8 4x4 and it was mostly fine but had such a strange interior. Not much headroom, small windshield for poor visibility, and it always felt bigger than it really was when driving it around. I would hope that the Patriot doesn't suffer from these same drawbacks.

dublifecrisis
01-26-2009, 03:34 PM
She needs a Cherokee SRT-8!!!

ScottB
01-26-2009, 06:00 PM
She needs a Cherokee SRT-8!!!

:iagree:

Only Jeep product I would even consider ...

longdx
01-26-2009, 07:25 PM
The Jeep Patriot is IMO the most successful model based on the joint platform (Compass, Caliber, Patriot). It blends typical Jeep styling with very good gas mileage. This year, Jeep redesigned the interior to make it more pleasing and with better fit/finish (a common complaint with first gen. Patriot/Compass/Caliber interiors). They have a very good reliability record. The CVT is an acquired taste, my preference is one with a 5 speed manual( I like to shift myself, and it helps in performance and mileage). I work for a company that has a relatively large fleet of these. They hold up well ( in arguably harsher driving environments and continuous use). Apparently, Jeep recalibrated the CVT to make it quicker off the line ( another common complaint with first gen models). Best of luck with your purchase.

nitro78
01-26-2009, 07:47 PM
i usually refer to consumer reports for information regarding vehicles. its nice to hear that jeep upgraded their fit and finish on the interior as this was one area where consumer reports had them ranked dead last among the big 3.

Surfer
01-26-2009, 07:55 PM
I say pony up for an SRT-8 Jeep, barely used ones can be found in the 20's and low 30's. I love my friends, truck is a friggen blast to drive, and with bolt on's hauls even more ass then stock. I'd have one hands down but I need towing ability and don't have use for two trucks. Its seriously a modern day muscle car/truck, its hard to explain until you drive one hard, its just a blast.

supercharged
01-27-2009, 04:02 AM
For a daily driver I'd consider something used, under $10k...Save the money for a garage queen...although if money is not an issue...
Next vehicle I want is the new BMW X5...Not brand new, a couple years used, from LA area, you can get for 1/2 off what new vehicle costs...

reason_being
01-28-2009, 07:36 PM
I've got two friends with an SRT-8. Needless to say, I'm very jealous.