PDA

View Full Version : Placing my first AG Order!!!

Visitor 2012
01-25-2009, 12:01 PM
well im placing my first AG order in the next few weeks. This is what i have in my shopping cart so far. I welcome any suggestion or products that i should take out and add to my order. Here we GO!

This is what i have so far!

Liquid Souveran Concours Kit
DG 901 car wash

My shopping cart!:D

Menzerna PC Intensive Shine Kit
XMT Pad Care Combo
DP HP Glass Restorer
ShMitt-White/Yellow
DP Interior Cleaner
303 Protectant
Pinnacle Leather & Vinyl Cleaner
Pinnacle Leather Conditioner
MF towels- dont know which ones to get
Feed back please

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
01-25-2009, 12:12 PM
Looks nice man!

maddenbowler
01-25-2009, 12:31 PM
for drying your car everyone reccomends the guzzler and here is a link to a good deal on some microfibers http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/discounts-specials/16670-week-s-vip-special.html

loudog2
01-25-2009, 12:40 PM
Pinnicle makes a leather cleaner/conditioner combo. You could get rid of one of the others, and get that one.
I would switch yoour kit for this one:
Menzerna kit, 5.5 lake country pads, porter cable menzerna kit, ceramic clear polishing kit, Mercedes polishing kit (http://www.autogeek.net/pc7424-menzerna-ceramic-kit.html)
The SIP and 106FA are better products to have around, than the IP and final polish.

Visitor 2012
01-25-2009, 11:41 PM
Looks nice man!
Thanks!

Visitor 2012
01-25-2009, 11:43 PM
for drying your car everyone reccomends the guzzler and here is a link to a good deal on some microfibers http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/discounts-specials/16670-week-s-vip-special.html
Thanks for the link! I will get some guzzler towels for drying!

Visitor 2012
01-25-2009, 11:51 PM
Pinnicle makes a leather cleaner/conditioner combo. You could get rid of one of the others, and get that one.
I would switch yoour kit for this one:
Menzerna kit, 5.5 lake country pads, porter cable menzerna kit, ceramic clear polishing kit, Mercedes polishing kit (http://www.autogeek.net/pc7424-menzerna-ceramic-kit.html)
The SIP and 106FA are better products to have around, than the IP and final polish.
I have a couple of questions about this kit. First thing is that i drive a Honda Accord and that Honda has a soft paint. This kit that you recommend seems to be for hard clear coats or would i use a polishing pad and move up. (Menzerna PC Ceramic 5.5 Inch Polishing Pad Kit)

ASPHALT ROCKET
01-26-2009, 12:13 AM
The polish can be used on any type of paint safely.

Visitor 2012
01-26-2009, 12:20 AM
The polish can be used on any type of paint safely.
Thanks Asphalt for the info!

Jimmie
01-26-2009, 12:33 AM
You've done your homework. That is a great first order.

ml13
01-26-2009, 03:11 AM
No reason for DP interior cleaner and pinnacle leather and vinyl cleaner. The pinnacle cleaner would be all you need. The XMT Pad cleaner combo kit is a waste. The XMT pad cleaner sucks. The PAd conditioner is a waste. You done need a pad conditioner to prime your pads. Use either the product your using to prime your pads or a shot of Quick detailer. Get the DP powder Pad cleaner, its much better. That XMT stufff really doesnt work so well, you really need to soak your pads to get them clean. Depending on your budget, Id get a few MF towels to start. A couple for polish and waxing, maybe some smaller ones for that and 2 Large ones for drying the car. The waffle weave guzzlers are nice but extremely expensive here. That VIP special on towels is a great deal, Id get that and one big guzzler to start, maybe the guzzler HD, you could probably dry the whole car with one of those and get any leftover drips and drabs with one of the smaller ones from the special. That would get you started off nice.

Visitor 2012
01-26-2009, 02:59 PM
You've done your homework. That is a great first order.
Thanks Jimmie! It does help when you browse the forums and look at the reviews.

Visitor 2012
01-26-2009, 03:04 PM
No reason for DP interior cleaner and pinnacle leather and vinyl cleaner. The pinnacle cleaner would be all you need. The XMT Pad cleaner combo kit is a waste. The XMT pad cleaner sucks. The PAd conditioner is a waste. You done need a pad conditioner to prime your pads. Use either the product your using to prime your pads or a shot of Quick detailer. Get the DP powder Pad cleaner, its much better. That XMT stufff really doesnt work so well, you really need to soak your pads to get them clean. Depending on your budget, Id get a few MF towels to start. A couple for polish and waxing, maybe some smaller ones for that and 2 Large ones for drying the car. The waffle weave guzzlers are nice but extremely expensive here. That VIP special on towels is a great deal, Id get that and one big guzzler to start, maybe the guzzler HD, you could probably dry the whole car with one of those and get any leftover drips and drabs with one of the smaller ones from the special. That would get you started off nice.
Thanks ml13 for the heads up about the XMT pad Combo. I guess the DP pad cleaner would be a better choice after all.