PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Forever black

Seth28
08-19-2006, 11:08 PM
Ok, bought a couple of forever black trim kits. Tried doing the black plastic fender overhangs on my Toyota Tacoma 4x4. Followed the kit instructions to a "T" come out the next day and the stuff really didnt soak in or dye anypart of it. In fact, it formed a paper thin layer of black crud over top of the plastic and didnt do much of anything except make it look terrible. I took it to the self serve pressure car wash today and was able to get most of it off but there are still patches of black that seem like they do not want to come off. So now I have dark grey fenders (like when I started) but now it has patches of black stuck here and there. Is there a special way of getting this off the car?

It worked ok on my wifes focus door handles but if it may have ruined some very expensive pieces on my 03 toyota truck.
What can I do????

ScottB
08-20-2006, 07:42 AM
this is why I stick away from dyes. It seems like some areas stand out and others get blotchy. I would try to wash with a good soap, and maybe some goo-be-gone. I prefer Black Again (gel) and while it is temporary, it looks good and last thru a good month.

Seth28
08-20-2006, 03:03 PM
Can you use goo be gone on textured plastic fenders?
I am soooo mad about this, normally if a product doesnt work, no problem ask for my refund and never buy it again. But dang this stuff damaged the plastic fenders! any other ideas if the goo-be-gone doesnt work?
I think a set of plastic fender flares from toyota are about 500.00 Do I send the bill to forever ruined?