PDA

View Full Version : grease removal

Pitch Black
01-22-2009, 12:50 PM
I'm sure there is a thread about this but I can't seem to find it. I took the TSX to the dealer last Saturday for service and they managed to get grease on the A pillar fabric. It is 2 small spots but you know I'm not about to leave them there. That just wouldn't be me. :D Plus I don't want to make it worse then it already is. Can anyone give me some advice on what to use to remove grease from fabric?

Craig
01-22-2009, 01:01 PM
I would return it to them to clean it, or give you something to clean it with.

charliehaley
01-22-2009, 02:58 PM
a strong mix or simple green or possible greased lighting if you dont have a dedicated spot treatment might work.

Ryan
01-22-2009, 03:16 PM
I used 303 spot remover to get greasy fingerprints off my headliner when I took my car to honda. Folex should work equally well too.

Pitch Black
01-22-2009, 03:20 PM
I used 303 spot remover to get greasy fingerprints off my headliner when I took my car to honda. Folex should work equally well too.

Where can I purchase 303? Is it a liquid? What is Folex?

Pitch Black
01-22-2009, 03:22 PM
I would return it to them to clean it, or give you something to clean it with.

I'm afraid they would screw it up more. I would rather do it myself.

Ryan
01-22-2009, 03:22 PM
The 303 is a liquid AG carries it. Folex can be found at Home depot and Walmart

Jimmie
01-22-2009, 03:33 PM

:iagree::whs:. Those would be my two choices too.

Pitch Black
01-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Are 303 and Folex both clear in color? The fabric where the grease is located is a very light tan color.

It is things like this that make me hate taking my care for service. My husband does all the work on the vette. I took her the dealer once a couple of years ago and she was a mess when I got her back. The body was covered in grease in several different places. Then when I cleaned her up I discovered scratches in the clear coat every place the the grease had been. The 3m bra was even scratched. My installer was nice enough to replace those pieces for me.

Jimmie
01-22-2009, 04:01 PM
The 303 is almost clear, slight yellow tint. The Folex is a slight pink tint. I've used both on very light beige with no ill effects of any color transfer/stain. If you want to start with a less aggressive mix try Woolite 8:1 first. You can even try it at 6:1. Next I'd try Folex.
One thing that you risk is that it will pull out enough embedded stuff that it will be lighter in color and the whole area will need to be done. That's the case with any cleaner.

Craig
01-22-2009, 05:24 PM
I'm afraid they would screw it up more. I would rather do it myself.
I understand that. Then I would let them know you had to clean up their mess.

Pitch Black
02-02-2009, 11:10 AM
I tried rubbing alcohol and q-tips. It seemed to work!! It might not on larger spots but for mine it appears to have taken care of the issue.Im the MAN