PDA

View Full Version : OTC finds

Pages : [1] 2

drastic_detail
01-21-2009, 11:54 AM
Over my travels threw the holidays I was surprised to find some great products OTC and I thought I would share. First at Pilot truck stops in the ky oh area I found that they carry some SCG products, speed demon and killer chrome. Than in pa at an advanced auto I found them to have collinite insulator wax as well as their paste. They also carried megs # 40. Just thought ide share. Anyone know of any other good OTC finds?

orionz06
01-21-2009, 12:16 PM
near pittsburgh you will find insulators wax everywhere, and the collinite elegance stuff and double wax here and there... insulators is a must for our salty winters...

the best find for me is in the monroeville mall... a car store with a PBMA wholesale account... and fuzion/souveran on the shelf with zymol and p21s

drastic_detail
01-21-2009, 12:23 PM
near pittsburgh you will find insulators wax everywhere, and the collinite elegance stuff and double wax here and there... insulators is a must for our salty winters...

the best find for me is in the monroeville mall... a car store with a PBMA wholesale account... and fuzion/souveran on the shelf with zymol and p21s. I know. I'm from Pittsburgh but now live in ky and I go to that place in the mall every time I visit home.its like a mini AG!

dublifecrisis
01-21-2009, 02:32 PM
down in Florida, most of the Advanced Auto have a nice set up for Surf City. They've got just about everything. A little pricey but I was excited to see it there. My local Advanced is one of the 'Superstore/headquarters or whatever so they carry about half of the Mirror Glaze' products and some are in gallon sizes. They also sell the G110 DA and a few pads.

Our CarQuests carry most of the Duragloss line and some decent 3M polishes and local Marine shops like Boaters World and West Marine carry an extensive selction of Collinte, 303 and Flitz products.

Trust me, I've pretty much looked everywhere in town to see what I could find.

orionz06
01-21-2009, 05:04 PM
i find myself checking out stores that ive never been to just because...

you will find that some chain stores have limited freedom with the lines they carry, and some will carry better brands...

i actually had a chance to educate an Ice user after he commented on how i kept my car so nice.... i told him i made sure to never use anything he carried... that sparked into a conversation that led him to adding some megs products and collinite... he still carries the other stuff (private brand), but not in the excessive volume as before...

and in my final triumph, he used some of my advice on his own vehicle and saved himself time by using a better more durable product that was easier to apply...

ScottB
01-21-2009, 07:11 PM
down in Florida, most of the Advanced Auto have a nice set up for Surf City. They've got just about everything. A little pricey but I was excited to see it there. My local Advanced is one of the 'Superstore/headquarters or whatever so they carry about half of the Mirror Glaze' products and some are in gallon sizes. They also sell the G110 DA and a few pads.

Our CarQuests carry most of the Duragloss line and some decent 3M polishes and local Marine shops like Boaters World and West Marine carry an extensive selction of Collinte, 303 and Flitz products.

If you live in the West Palm or Boca area there are stores called Drivers Seat which are stocked by AG and a nice visit for boutique products in the neighborhood.

outlander
01-21-2009, 07:42 PM
I live in White Oak Pa. That store in the mall is great. Bought a few things there. Wish it was bigger

Harleyguy
01-21-2009, 07:46 PM
If you live in the West Palm or Boca area there are stores called Drivers Seat which are stocked by AG and a nice visit for boutique products in the neighborhood.
:iagree:Visit at least once a month .Ask for jeff he will also honor most of Ag price

orionz06
01-21-2009, 07:59 PM
I live in White Oak Pa. That store in the mall is great. Bought a few things there. Wish it was bigger

he is trying to get some reps there to show off and discuss products... he has a lot of ambition... id love to see AG make a trip for a seminar/detail fest...

Autoality in the monroeville mall...

Showroom Shine
01-22-2009, 09:01 AM
Why not put a store like that in Columbus Ohio. I'll run it for you guys at AG!
We need one BAD!

dublifecrisis
01-22-2009, 09:24 AM
Killerwheels-I've seen the Driver's Seat store listed and I think I may have gone to the website. Oh how I wish we had a store in N Fla that carried boutique car care products. I knwo ordering from AG is easy enough but not as practical when you just need 1-2 items.

morven39
01-22-2009, 10:32 AM

Where is the Advanced Superstore located? Not much to choose from in the Georgia area where I live but I go to Jacksonville often and would like to see what they have. Thanks

dublifecrisis
01-22-2009, 10:46 AM
it's on Atlantic Blvd just east of Recency mall. If you're coming down 95, u could get on 9A by the airport and exit Atlantic..go a few blocks west on Atl Blvd and it's right on your left.

ndrom
01-22-2009, 12:26 PM

Hi, I guess I should introduce myself since I have been watching these forums for well over a year now.My name is Nick, I drive a E36, and I know that store very well. ;) I was just in there and they have a lot of NEW products, so check it out if you get a chance.

orionz06
01-22-2009, 05:07 PM
he said he was expecting a large order...