PDA

View Full Version : 1Z Washer Fluid Damage?

Reddwarf
01-20-2009, 09:37 PM
I just spent a lot of money fixing something that may have occurred as a result of using 1Z Kristall Klar Washer Fluid. I have only anecdotal evidence so I'm posting this to see if anyone else has had problems.
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/Reddwarf_bucket/DSCN0083.jpg

I mixed the concentrate per instructions and I emptied out the existing fluid. I used it for a couple of months and noticed that when I pumped it out it created a lot of bubbles or foam. Not long ago I topped off the reservoir and it foamed/ bubbled a lot when I poured the mixture in the tank.

Shortly after filling the tank the washer fluid began to foam at the nozzles instead of squirting out. It rapidly stopped pumping out at all. I took the car to the shop and they said the hoses and nozzles were clogged up. It had to be flushed out and the nozzles still don't work as well as before. I didn't want to pay the money for new nozzles.

I don't know for certain that the 1Z product caused the damage but I'm sure not going to try it again or on any of my other cars. I have used other 1Z products with much success and happiness. Has anyone else experienced such a problem with the washer fluid product?

Anyone want the 90% full bottle I have?

Speed-Dude
01-20-2009, 10:35 PM
that's a shame, i had great expectations for this product.

Rsurfer
01-20-2009, 10:47 PM
Why don't you call or e-mail and see what's up?

Emile
01-21-2009, 09:33 AM
It probably is from the Einszett Kristall Klar but it doesn't seem to make much sense because all the cars in Europe use green windshield washer fluid which is foamy and fluffy and it doesn't clog up their windshield washer lines.

supercharged
01-21-2009, 10:23 AM
no, it's not it...you must have some dirt/sand in those spray nozzles, and that's what did it. Trust me, it's not 1Z, and P21S wouldn't do it either...You could even have it on your washer fluid reservor cap... I used it in 5 family cars for years (almost 5 years now) without ANY issues... Had issues with 303 tablets, which seem to foam up the fluid and leave film on the paint...

Streetlife
01-21-2009, 10:59 AM
Hey Reddwarf, did you use distilled or filtered water to make the 1 gallon mixture?

Reddwarf
01-21-2009, 01:24 PM
Hey Reddwarf, did you use distilled or filtered water to make the 1 gallon mixture?

Distilled.

ScottB
01-21-2009, 07:15 PM
I used the P21S along while ago, and had some foaming and thus why I dont prefer the product. After flushing out with water I had no problems however and no issue with sprayers. Can you use a pin and see if something is clogged ??

thebmwM
01-21-2009, 07:20 PM
I bought the little mini one, put in my e39, no problems yet I didn't dilute , my washer fluid was bone dry so I put some hose water in her topped her off and added a mini bottle to it, that stuff works great IMO