PDA

View Full Version : My M205 experience...

dsms
01-18-2009, 09:27 PM
This is by far the worst, most finicky polish I have ever used!

Wait, never mind M205 were talking about:righton:

I was told by a good friend Bob Willis of Auto Concierge to try M205, both me and Bob are 3M Ultrafina lovers. For a super easy, hologram free finish everytime 3M UF was my go to product. After Bob tried 205 a few weeks ago he told me how good it was and he said it was better than UF. That alone was incentive enough to place my order for some.

Well I tested out M205 on Friday with my new Flex 3403 and I was blown away. I truly think this is one of the easiest polishes I have used. It spreads easy, works like butter and buffs off as if nothing is on the finish.

I used the 3403 to spread at 1100rpm, then bumped to 1500 for polishing and slowly lowered the RPM to jewel the finish to a hologram free, high gloss.

I was using a finishing pad and found the M205 to be very un-aggressive. I also found that if you add a little extra product to the pad you can jewel it for a longer time.

I think this will be my new go-to finishing product.

No pics on my recent results but I will have a 95' M3 in for correction this weekend and it will be finished off with M205 after compunding.
:cheers:

nrengle
01-18-2009, 10:19 PM
Would this work as a decent one step, say compared to Menzerna Power Finish?

gundie22
01-18-2009, 10:23 PM
Can't wait to see the M.

RaskyR1
01-19-2009, 12:19 AM
Nice to see yet another happy M205 user! :righton:

AudiTTman
01-19-2009, 12:24 AM
Yea this outta be interesting. Ive been hearing alot about 3M UF and M205. Maybe i need to jump off the Menzerna boat and take a plunge into these products... BTW..please tell me that is your cayman??

dsms
01-19-2009, 12:43 PM
Would this work as a decent one step, say compared to Menzerna Power Finish?

Nope, I really think the 205 is meant as a finishing polish and at best it could be used for a light "clean up' correction with a polishing pad, even at that the mechanical cut of the pad would be doing the majority of the correction I think.

Compared to power finish M205 cant hold a candle. I think Power finish is an excellent product and I was suprised by how well it cut, it finishes down very well too even on extremely soft paint but as a finisher I would grab the M205... Together those 2 products make a great combo.