PDA

View Full Version : What products to use??

waynekj
01-18-2009, 06:00 PM
Hi Everyone,
I have a silver vehicle I just purchased and I noticed it has a little overspray on it. Just wondering what products to use to remove the overspray and then polish? I've read on this site about a lot of the different products and am a little confused. I have some Beyond Clay product from Surf City that I tried with the yellow pad on a pc and it didn't seem to remove the overspray. I've read about the Menzerna products. Do you recommend one of their products or something else? After I remove the overspray I want to clean the paint, polish, seal, wax. What are some of your best combos you've found? Sorry about the long post, but thought I would get some info from the pros!!

Feed back please

Rsurfer
01-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Is beyond clay a "clay" or a polish?

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
01-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Menzerna is very good. Try claying your car to remove some of the overspray.

nrengle
01-18-2009, 06:46 PM
To get the over spray a traditional clay is the first place the start. After that some polishing will help remove any clay induced marring or previous swirls. I haven't used it myself yet, but have heard a lot of good things about Menzerna's Powerfinish. It's supposed to be a one step polish that is pretty aggressive but can finish down LSP ready. And you can't really go wrong with any of the Menzerna line. Also a good one to use if you don't need as much product is the Wolfgang Duo (Total Swirl Remover and Finishing Glaze). The Glaze isn't a glaze though it's more of a finishing polish.

Speed-Dude
01-18-2009, 06:58 PM
is the wolfgang duo good for hard cc? like a bmw cc

Rsurfer
01-18-2009, 07:04 PM
is the wolfgang duo good for hard cc? like a bmw cc
Get Menz polishes for hard clear or any clear for that matter.

nrengle
01-18-2009, 07:31 PM
The Wolfgang Duo is made by Menzerna or was formulated by them for Wolfgang (PBMA aka AG). So it's about the same thing as IP for the Swirl remover and 106FF/FA for the Finishing Glaze. It works great.

waynekj
01-18-2009, 08:04 PM
Beyond Clay is a liquid paste. On their bottle it says " It makes clay bars obsolete-it does everything a clay bar does plus so much more: removes surface contaminants, removes overspray, removes surface oxidation, removes swirl marks, removes light scratches, deep cleans and polishes paint, restores faded paint to original gloss."

Speed-Dude
01-18-2009, 09:09 PM
but the question is.... will it blend?

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
01-18-2009, 09:41 PM
With detailing man, don't take short cuts. If you want to do it the right way, go with the traditional clay bars. You can get a cheap clay kit at Wal-Mart, Autozone, etc.

loudog2
01-18-2009, 09:51 PM
Here comes the million dollar questions. How bad is your paint?? Do you need any major corrections? Are you looking for a 1 step? 2 step? How much do you want to spend??

Good combos are menzerna SIP/106FA and Megs 105/205. Good sealant wolfgang DGPS(deep gloss paint sealant). Good carnubas fuzion, souveran paste, dodo, P21S 100% collinite and megs. Those carnubas range from $15-$175(fuzion with refill). Fuzion is on sale now for $69(w/no refill).

waynekj
01-19-2009, 02:02 AM
Here comes the million dollar questions. How bad is your paint?? Do you need any major corrections? Are you looking for a 1 step? 2 step? How much do you want to spend??

Good combos are menzerna SIP/106FA and Megs 105/205. Good sealant wolfgang DGPS(deep gloss paint sealant). Good carnubas fuzion, souveran paste, dodo, P21S 100% collinite and megs. Those carnubas range from $15-$175(fuzion with refill). Fuzion is on sale now for $69(w/no refill).

I don't want to break the bank but I am willing to pay for products that work real well. The vehicle is a 2006 Toyota Sienna and the paint is in pretty good shape. I just noticed the little overspray specks on the black trim in between the doors one day when I was washing it. It has light swirl marks most likely from washing etc. I would probably want to do a 2 step. I have a pc with the yellow, white and black polishing pads. I am new to paint correcting and want to do it right the first time.

highline1164
01-19-2009, 02:12 AM
Ive found Menzerna SIP to finish down great while removing minor scratches and swirls with a LC white, followed by P21S

loudog2
01-19-2009, 07:43 AM
With light swirls you could try the menzerna power finish 203 with a AG green CCS pad. It works great by itself. But for a 2 step, I would get the SIP/106FA combo. Get some LC pads(orange, white, gray and blue). You could go for the fuzion on sale. It has great durablity. Souveran paste looks good, but won't last too long. Espeacially on a daily driver. P21S 100% is great, gives a nice pop to the paint. So does signature seies II.

waynekj
01-20-2009, 01:24 AM
Thanks for the info guys! I think I will try the menzerna with the fuzion on top. Now I just have to talk the wife into letting me do an order from AG.