PDA

View Full Version : Cobra microfiber applicator pads

Pages : [1] 2

shawndover
01-17-2009, 11:37 PM
I used these pads once, and after running them through the washing machine (with Pinnacle Micro Rejuvenator), several are coming apart at the seams.

Anyone else notice that these are really flimsy? Or maybe I just got a bad batch?

Emile
01-18-2009, 12:11 AM
I'm having a pretty good experience with them so far. I have 24 of them spread out over 2 orders. Some of them have a little bit of wear at the seams but it is only very minor. The pads that have the tad bit of wear are not limited to one order or batch, it's just random. I use them pretty often and even after several wash cycles they are still doing fine. They stay in pretty good shape too...just as fluffy as the day I got them.

I gotta be honest though....they really are only worth the price when they are BOGO ($10 for 12).

D
01-18-2009, 12:16 AM
Yep, I have a couple of them. I dont like any Cobra products to be honest. They seem to be of very low quality.

shawndover
01-18-2009, 12:18 AM
I'm very disappointed in the quality of these applicators, though I've been pleased with the Cobra towels. What do you like instead?

Yep, I have a couple of them. I dont like any Cobra products to be honest. They seem to be of very low quality.

Emile
01-18-2009, 12:20 AM
I'm very disappointed in the quality of these applicators, though I've been pleased with the Cobra towels. What do you like instead?
Are you looking for microfiber, cotton, or foam?

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
01-18-2009, 12:22 AM
Go with the Pinnacle applicator pads...they're pretty cheap as well.

shawndover
01-18-2009, 12:24 AM
Looking for a durable microfiber applicator pad. I like to use some to apply interior protectants and some to apply Klasse AIO to the paint.

Are you looking for microfiber, cotton, or foam?

D
01-18-2009, 01:30 AM

PakShak.

ScottB
01-18-2009, 10:09 AM
Cobra quality is quite high and often considered one of the top MF products made. If you looking for a fair comparision do a search on several detailing boards. Usually Cobra and Pakshak are considered the best offerings and both companies are very helpful too.

I prefer foam applicators over MF applicators specifically. They do offer more uses IMO but still quite cheap for replacement as needed.

Spilchy
01-18-2009, 10:33 AM

I bought a handful of the Cobra Supreme 530 Microfiber Towel and the edging came apart. AG sent me a few replacements but those too fell off after one gentle wash. I had to spend $15 at my local tailor to have his seamstress sew on the edging better on all the towels.

Although soft and thick, the quality control on the binding is terrible.

D
01-18-2009, 10:50 AM
There ya go. Cobra products are actually very rarely mentioned on other detailing boards. Between all the orders I placed with AG, and the Cobra MF I ordered, I have just about every towel and none of them are anything special. The ones I have are only used on wheels and door jambs.

gewb
01-18-2009, 10:54 AM
I bought a handful of the Cobra Supreme 530 Microfiber Towel and the edging came apart. AG sent me a few replacements but those too fell off after one gentle wash. I had to spend $15 at my local tailor to have his seamstress sew on the edging better on all the towels.

Although soft and thick, the quality control on the binding is terrible.

Do you know what kind of thread the seamstress used? If not, can you find out?

Regards,
GEWB

bgray
01-18-2009, 11:42 AM
Yah i have a bunch of Dif Cobra's...i like the applicators, but agree about thye towels, they are nice, but i cant really see the value for the price anymore

Spilchy
01-18-2009, 11:59 AM
Do you know what kind of thread the seamstress used? If not, can you find out?

Regards,
GEWB

She used standard black thread I assume. There was nothing unique about it. I had her pay extra attention to the corner where the edging starts and then finishes (after wrapping around the towel).

Emile
01-18-2009, 07:13 PM
Looking for a durable microfiber applicator pad. I like to use some to apply interior protectants and some to apply Klasse AIO to the paint.

If you don't like Cobra, then try the over the counter microfiber applicators from Target or AutoZone. I know that sounds lame but they are always a great price and they are SUPER durable. The round shape of the applicators make for a very tight seem.