PDA

View Full Version : Which LSP and why?

Pages : [1] 2 3

calhoun1
01-17-2009, 12:34 PM
Which one do you use and why?

Are higher end carnauba's like Fuzion, Souveran, and SSII recommended for daily drivers?

Or would it better to get something like Megs NXT 2.0?

I don't mind less durability, but I also want to get good protection after polishing.

I notice the different choices for LSP in Show N Shine and just am curious why people choose one over the other. My wife is balking at the prices as things are adding up and I want to be able to justify to her what I choose and why.

Thanks.

trhland
01-17-2009, 12:39 PM
ive been useing pinnacle line of waxes for a couple years now. manly because ease of use . they leave the paint work wet and glossy . durability might nor be very good. but for me thats ok . i love waxes and its so darn easy with souveran and pinnacle sig series2 waxes ..

ASPHALT ROCKET
01-17-2009, 12:45 PM
I believe price has the most to do with it. Secondly I feel alot of people do not see the small differences in the higher priced waxes vs. the lower priced ones, so there would be no point in them to buy them. I prefer the higher end waxes even though they do not add as much to the finish but they do make it alot easier to wash. Souveran is the only one that doesn't help as much but does add some wetness. I usually use Swissvax Mystery, Divine or Zymol Vintage. The last three have a higher nuba content and do last longer plus when you wash the vehicle the wash element of choice glides easier and the water rinses off so much easier.

calhoun1
01-17-2009, 12:51 PM
I really wish I had the means to go for the ultra high end stuff, but that is way out of my range lol.

But it is nice to hear that they do make a difference. Thanks for the replies so far.

loudog2
01-17-2009, 01:03 PM
Fuzion has held up very well and looks great. Souveran paste is less durable, but looks great too. I think Fuzion is more crisp/popping. Souveran gives it a nice warm glow. As for SSII, I haven't really tested it.

For a daily driver, look at the SSII, souveran liquid and collinite. Dodo seems to be less durable than the fuzion also. They will last longer. If price is no issue, fuzion gets my vote.

My opinion is by observation only. I know some will attack what I've said. So let it be known.

Fuzon is on sale right now for $69 w/a bottle of paint enhancer lotion. Great deal if your looking to try it. But you don't get the refill.

akimel
01-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Right now I am in the experimental stage. Starting this spring, I will be trying out three new LSPs: Fuzion, Souveran, and P21S 100%. I purchased Fuzion and the latter two were given to me. It will be interesting to see which one or ones I like best. Hopefully I will be able to tell a difference between them.

Right now, both of our cars are wearing Collinite 845. I like it. Easy to apply and remove, economical, and looks good. I also like NXT and Reflections.

Two other waxes I would like to try out, but certainly cannot justify purchasing them at this point, are Victoria Concours Red and either Wet Obsession or Chemical Guys 50/50.

I want to believe that there is a real, significant, and price-worthy difference between the good over-the-counter waxes and the more expensive waxes I will soon be trying out. We shall see.

flyfishindawg
01-17-2009, 03:14 PM
Don't overlook the DP MaxWax. It isn't quite as sexy as the ultra-waxes but does a fine job at a fair price.

Emile
01-17-2009, 03:48 PM
I think that if you want a great shine, great durability, ease of application and removal, and low price, Poorboy's World is probably the best. Around $20 retail for any of the Poorboy's World Natty's Paste Waxes. They all smell heavenly, as well.

ml13
01-17-2009, 05:25 PM
Cant help you...my wife knows better then to question me...Im the MAN

Which one do you use and why?

Are higher end carnauba's like Fuzion, Souveran, and SSII recommended for daily drivers?

Or would it better to get something like Megs NXT 2.0?

I don't mind less durability, but I also want to get good protection after polishing.

I notice the different choices for LSP in Show N Shine and just am curious why people choose one over the other. My wife is balking at the prices as things are adding up and I want to be able to justify to her what I choose and why.

Thanks.

ml13
01-17-2009, 05:33 PM
where is the fuzion sale??

Fuzion has held up very well and looks great. Souveran paste is less durable, but looks great too. I think Fuzion is more crisp/popping. Souveran gives it a nice warm glow. As for SSII, I haven't really tested it.

For a daily driver, look at the SSII, souveran liquid and collinite. Dodo seems to be less durable than the fuzion also. They will last longer. If price is no issue, fuzion gets my vote.

My opinion is by observation only. I know some will attack what I've said. So let it be known.

Fuzon is on sale right now for $69 w/a bottle of paint enhancer lotion. Great deal if your looking to try it. But you don't get the refill.

bignfuzzy
01-17-2009, 05:50 PM
I hate to do this, but I have to ask ... sigh ... what does LSP stand for? I know what you're talking about, I just can't nuke out the acronym.

Emile
01-17-2009, 06:01 PM
LSP = Last Step Product.

For those of us who like to layer products, the LSP is the "topper". Usually you would use your beauty wax/sealant on the top for the best looks but typically not such good durability. So you leave your sealant alone for several months while you re-apply your LSP once every few weeks or so.

bignfuzzy
01-17-2009, 06:09 PM
LSP = Last Step Product.

For those of us who like to layer products, the LSP is the "topper". Usually you would use your beauty wax/sealant on the top for the best looks but typically not such good durability. So you leave your sealant alone for several months while you re-apply your LSP once every few weeks or so.

Thank you! :D

vinnier6
01-17-2009, 06:10 PM
i know there is alot of carnuba fans here, but nothing here can match protection or slickness os 4 star ultimate paint protection....it is by far the best bang for the buck lsp out there....

akimel
01-17-2009, 06:12 PM
where is the fuzion sale??

Fuzion sale (http://www.autogeek.net/fuzion-wax-special.html)