products during the winter months? I
know I have seen some great sales over
the past 6-7 weeks, but don't want to
gamble on them freezing sitting outdoors
when I am at work. I guess find myself
buying the MF instead

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
01-16-2009, 08:16 PM
Why not buy them now and store them inside in a cabinet?

trhland
01-16-2009, 08:16 PM
i personly watch the weather before i order. i know it takes 3 to 4 days for products to arrive to me from a/g .so i watch the weather. if there saying 35 degrees and up all week. ill go ahead and order. if there saying single digets. i hold off ..just my 2cents...

trhland
01-16-2009, 08:17 PM
Why not buy them now and store them inside in a cabinet?
i worry about them freezing during travel..

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
01-16-2009, 08:21 PM
Yeah I didn't think about travel temperatures.

budman3
01-16-2009, 08:31 PM
Most of my orders occur during the winter months, I think it has to do with the winter time blues or something. Anyways, with the cardboard and peanuts inside and maybe a MF towel or 4, the liquid products are fairly insulated. I have yet to receive a frozen package, knock on wood.

ScottB
01-16-2009, 10:49 PM
I think its a great time, alot of people giving holiday gifts and the prices are usually hot (no pun). Stock up for spring !

Wendell Jarvis
01-17-2009, 11:10 AM
I think its a great time, alot of people giving holiday gifts and the prices are usually hot (no pun). Stock up for spring !

:iagree: I agree with Killr on this..........usually pricing is low and certainly a great time to experiment with new products at low prices and to take advantage of items on Sale, as for the shipping and Temp. most products should be replaced if found defective due to shipping......so I stock up like a bad boy during the Winter and come out swinging in the spring.....which by the way....Bring on the Spring !!

CharlesW
01-17-2009, 11:50 AM
i personly watch the weather before i order. i know it takes 3 to 4 days for products to arrive to me from a/g .so i watch the weather. if there saying 35 degrees and up all week. ill go ahead and order. if there saying single digets. i hold off ..just my 2cents...This is my method as well.
If you watch for the temperatures when you think it will be in your area and order so it delivers without setting on a truck over the week-end, you can usually be OK. My understanding is that most water based products will survive freezing if the container doesn't break. Some of the products that are not water based seem to have separation issues and sometimes won't remix properly.

Most of my orders occur during the winter months, I think it has to do with the winter time blues or something. Anyways, with the cardboard and peanuts inside and maybe a MF towel or 4, the liquid products are fairly insulated. I have yet to receive a frozen package, knock on wood.I have received products that were frozen. Even following my guidelines posted above, I either figured the time wrong or the delivery company messed up.
Fortunately, the container didn't break and the products seemed to be fine when they thawed out.

It definitely is difficult to resist some of the cold weather sales.

longdx
01-17-2009, 02:37 PM
I tend to buy my supplies in the winter and store them inside. The retailers realize that this is typically a slow detailing period for much of the country (SoCal notwithstanding) and usually have some great deals. The only problem in my book, is that I like to experiment with new products so I have a tendency to order more than I really need.

loudog2
01-17-2009, 03:00 PM
I usually hold off til the weather is above freezing. The -25F we had for 3 days here in chicago would've froze everything. UPS doesn't unload the semi-trucks at night. So it will sit there in the trailor til the next day. Then get loaded in the local delivery trucks.

barry
01-18-2009, 11:56 PM
I order mine usually in feb