PDA

View Full Version : Where to keep my supplies

Pages : [1] 2

AudiTTman
01-15-2009, 11:02 AM
Well here is a basic layout of the stuff i have around. Its been kept recently in a huge 5 gallon home depot bucket in the garage. Reason i was worried about all this stuff is because the weather here has made a turn for the worst and we have temps close to zero and beyond.

Menzerna SIP
Menzerna Nano Polish
Menzerna Top Inspection
Yellow Clay
All sorts of LC pads
Pinnacle Sig Series II
4-Star UPP
..and the good ol' PC7424
(the list goes on but i figured this would be a start lol)

Basically just wanted to know what should be inside and would could be left outside. ;)

RaskyR1
01-15-2009, 11:13 AM
Well here is a basic layout of the stuff i have around. Its been kept recently in a huge 5 gallon home depot bucket in the garage. Reason i was worried about all this stuff is because the weather here has made a turn for the worst and we have temps close to zero and beyond.

Menzerna SIP
Menzerna Nano Polish
Menzerna Top Inspection
Yellow Clay
All sorts of LC pads
Pinnacle Sig Series II
4-Star UPP

Basically just wanted to know what should be inside and would could be left outside. ;)

I'd bring in any polish, wax, any any liquids you may have. The PC, pads and clay should be fine...but clay gets hard to form when it's cold.

AudiTTman
01-15-2009, 11:23 AM
Hey thanks Rasky for the info. Gosh , everyone replies on here so quick!!!

nrengle
01-15-2009, 11:32 AM
Just keep it all in the house in a closet or under the sink (child proof that thing if you have any little ones running around)...

CharlesW
01-15-2009, 11:59 AM

Menzerna SIP
Menzerna Nano Polish
Menzerna Top Inspection
Yellow Clay
All sorts of LC pads
Pinnacle Sig Series II
4-Star UPP

The "huge" 5 gallon bucket struck me as funny.
I'm not sure I could get all my products in ten 5 gallon buckets. :D

Save your post and look at it next year and laugh. :)

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
01-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Just bring your stuff inside man. You could get one of the plastic bins that are sold at Wal-Mart, and just throw your stuff in there and bring that inside. Should make for easy transportation.

Harleyguy
01-15-2009, 01:47 PM
For what i spent on supplies i thought about sleeping with them .LOL

AudiTTman
01-15-2009, 02:16 PM
i don't blame ya. I'd say just to get start with this, i spent close to $500. My friends laugh, but i tell them its an expensive hobby with a good payout lol.

Hey Charles, I have 2 home depot buckets to be exact!!! I only keep the nice stuff in them. The rest gets thrown into a shelf which is full of autozone specials. Still works though haha. Yea ill look back on this later and realize that 2 buckets was child's play

RaskyR1
01-15-2009, 02:24 PM
For what i spent on supplies i thought about sleeping with them .LOL

LOL!:D

builthatch
01-15-2009, 02:27 PM
yeah, anything that is an emulsion should definitely not see freezing temps. it will seperate and will not be able to be reform.

CharlesW
01-15-2009, 02:53 PM
i don't blame ya. I'd say just to get start with this, i spent close to $500. My friends laugh, but i tell them its an expensive hobby with a good payout lol.

Hey Charles, I have 2 home depot buckets to be exact!!! I only keep the nice stuff in them. The rest gets thrown into a shelf which is full of autozone specials. Still works though haha. Yea ill look back on this later and realize that 2 buckets was child's playSince I buy larger sizes of many products, (lots cheaper), I keep my "backstock" in several of the larger covered storage bins that joshs07redss referred to.
I keep smaller bottles of product and spray bottles in a couple of Sterilite tote trays like this.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a259/CharlesEW/ToteTray.jpg
I have one with the products needed for a wash/wax, general cleanup and another with the things needed for a complete detail.
I just take one or both from the basement to the garage as needed.
Works for me. :)

Superior_Details
01-15-2009, 03:06 PM
heated basement for the win!!

Only the good stuff like dodo gets put in the underwear drawer...LOL

Detail4Life
01-15-2009, 04:17 PM
yeah, anything that is an emulsion should definitely not see freezing temps. it will seperate and will not be able to be reform.

I can second the motion

loudog2
01-15-2009, 04:37 PM
Bring stuff in. 10 minutes of work carrying stuff,will same you a lot of money. How does the extreme cold effect the power tools, ie polishers, compressor, and pressure washer? Oil/lubricant does freeze.

CharlesW
01-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Bring stuff in. 10 minutes of work carrying stuff,will same you a lot of money. How does the extreme cold effect the power tools, ie polishers, compressor, and pressure washer? Oil/lubricant does freeze.I think it's pretty much agreed that he needs to bring his products into a non freezing environment, but bringing in all the power tools is a new one for me. Oil can and does freeze, but instead of freezing point it is measured as cloud and pour point. Most oil "freezes" anywhere from -15 Celsius to -40 degrees. -40 happens to be the same temperature Fahrenheit or Celsius. At that temperature it usually won't pour so it has "frozen". I think for it to actually reach a glass like state takes close to -200 Fahrenheit. Don't worry about your car though, since gasoline freezes at about -150 Fahrenheit. you wouldn't be able to start it even if the oil wasn't a solid block. My polisher, air compressor, pressure washer all stay in the garage all winter. Yes , they do have oil/lubricant, but so does my lawn mower, weed trimmer, snow blower, and vehicles. Can't bring them all in. :)