PDA

View Full Version : Pontiac GTO Paint Correction going GOOD!

alamoautodetail
01-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Hey guys... Well Im doing my REAL first paint correction for a buddy of mine charging only $200 for full paint correction. Srirls and condition of paint were very very bad.. the PC with orange and 105 is taking care of it all its just taking foreverrrrrrr and eveeeerrrr.. I know a Rotary would do a better job and faster, but I have not stepped up to it yet.. will soon. Anyway another successful 105 in the making.. just taking a little break.. im following with Optimum polish on white, then poly-seal, and will throw some fuzion on it last... Yes its RED :righton: Will post pics a little later.

Emile
01-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Yeah man, it takes a really really long time. I'm glad I've never had to do it on an SUV or a minivan or something.

alamoautodetail
01-10-2009, 11:14 PM
Yes I know.. I did not even get to finish it today... right around half way done and took breaks here and there lol.. should finish it tomorrow and will post pics.. its turning out great.. My buddy will not even recognize the car hah

Emile
01-11-2009, 02:28 AM
I am glad to hear you are moving so quickly. I know that professional detailers do this stuff daily, but when I was doing my G35, it took me an entire week. But boy does she look absolutely stunning now. :righton:

alamoautodetail
01-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Well I do mobile auto detailing, but not many people are willing to pay for the FULL paint correction.. because I put a price on my time. I make great money doing it.. But this is really only my second FULL paint correction.. the first was a Honda and the CC is MUCH softer then the CC on this GTO.. and the honda was a bit smaller as well which is always nice. I enjoy it.. Ohhh BIG problem tho I BROKE my porter cable backing plate today grrr! I was polishing front bumper and the spindle that goes into backing plate seperated and it fell apart, it is only 2 months old :(

Type[R]+
01-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Go the Holden!!! Where's the pic's man?