PDA

View Full Version : New product selection?

killrflake
01-09-2009, 10:22 PM
There are so many products from so many manufacturers, I was just wondering how do the you folks at Autogeek decide what ones you want to carry in your store? Do you test every product to some extent, or maybe you carry items that your forum members claim to have tried and be very happy with? I would guess there is somebody that does research for you. Of course I understand there must be a profit margin that fits into your requirements. I was just wondering:D

ScottB
01-10-2009, 08:49 AM
I asked Capt Max this question many moons ago. First, they look to customer experience and good word. They then research the product, manufacturer, and claims to make sure its used as directed. Then other things going into it like profitability, exposure, and if any regional lockouts or other items that need to be addressed.

I always wondered why Autogeek chose to offer so many great lines, especially those competing against their own lines. I was told two answers. One is giving the customer what they want, and second was that it shows the PBMA product lines (DP, Wolfgang, Pinnacle, Diamonite) can hold their own against the best of the best. It truly has become a one stop environment and the customer service, and price match make it the premiere detailing site to visit for sales and this forum to discuss the products and best uses. I have always been enamored with the Captain's business sense and awestruck at what this has become.

Showroom Shine
01-10-2009, 01:51 PM
I asked Capt Max this question many moons ago. First, they look to customer experience and good word. They then research the product, manufacturer, and claims to make sure its used as directed. Then other things going into it like profitability, exposure, and if any regional lockouts or other items that need to be addressed.

I always wondered why Autogeek chose to offer so many great lines, especially those competing against their own lines. I was told two answers. One is giving the customer what they want, and second was that it shows the PBMA product lines (DP, Wolfgang, Pinnacle, Diamonite) can hold their own against the best of the best. It truly has become a one stop environment and the customer service, and price match make it the premiere detailing site to visit for sales and this forum to discuss the products and best uses. I have always been enamored with the Captain's business sense and awestruck at what this has become.
:whs:

Now if you can just get the people to get the Traveling Detail Bag moving again! I will have bought everything I wanted to try!

Meghan
01-10-2009, 01:54 PM
And Scott answered your question well, the main thing is we listen to our customers. If customers are requesting a line, we then begin the research process.
And yes this is off topic so I apologize but the Bag is sitting in my office.

Showroom Shine
01-10-2009, 02:01 PM
OK Meghan!
We'll forgive you. I know it's been hard to keep it going. Some have held onto it longer than they should have. I know you'll get it going again!

Showroom Shine :righton:

ScottB
01-10-2009, 04:23 PM
knowing Meghan .. she's probably adding something special to it which means it will be worth the wait.

orionz06
01-10-2009, 04:27 PM

what makes me choose AG over others is the open talk of products they dont sell... from the AG employees to joe the detailer, talk of good stuff is not hushed....

its only a shame that they cant carry it all...