PDA

View Full Version : Need help.

corolla619
01-07-2009, 06:49 PM
This might sound like a funny question but please bare with me.

Okay, i just recently stripped my "over the counter wax(meguiars gold class)" and went with these three steps....after stripping the old wax i started with 2 coats of danase paint sealant(i let that cure for a couple days just to be safe), then went with the danase wet glaze, then topped with pinnacle sig II. Now after all was done the car looks great, has great reflections, and in the sun the silver mica really "pops". I love it.

Here's the weird part which i've never experienced before....

last night i did my annual dusting (even though it's always garaged) then followed with a microfiber over the car since the california dusters can leave streaks due to the paraffin wax. Now when i got to the drivers front fender it wasn't as smooth as the rest of the car. The rest of the car is extremely smooth/slick, but the fender isn't so much?

I tried stripping the wax and reapplying. When i stripped the wax with the danase pwcl it was smooth again. then once i reapplied the sig II, the not so smooth was back.

appearance hasn't changed, but the feel isn't the same as the rest of the panels. Keep in mind, my car is always garaged and never dirty seeings how once it gets it's weekend run i wipe it down asap.

sorry for the long post, but man is this annoying me, any help will be much appreciated.

corolla619
01-07-2009, 11:52 PM
anyone?

vinnier6
01-08-2009, 12:03 AM
it almost seems as though you had some kind of a bonding issue...i have the danase wet glaze and use it from time to time, but havent used your combo so i guess i cant really add any help....

i assume you followed the same steps as the rest of the car so it does seem to be a mystery....

corolla619
01-08-2009, 12:08 AM
it almost seems as though you had some kind of a bonding issue...i have the danase wet glaze and use it from time to time, but havent used your combo so i guess i cant really add any help....

i assume you followed the same steps as the rest of the car so it does seem to be a mystery....

i thought bonding too but, like you said, i did follow all the same steps. and from my knowledge, 1 week ago it didn't feel this way.
still looks good though but annoys me that the 1 fender just isn't as slick as the rest of the car.

vinnier6
01-08-2009, 08:57 AM
i can totally relate...it too would drive me crazy to the point of insanity....

dublifecrisis
01-08-2009, 09:04 AM
did you buy this car new?

corolla619
01-08-2009, 06:28 PM
did you buy this car new?

yes sir i did. the car only had 3 miles on it when purchased right from toyota.

the paint has NEVER been neglected, cars always been garaged.

ScottB
01-08-2009, 06:39 PM
It likely is the wax still curing or something is on the finish. A clay, and polish might be needed. The wax should not have any real feeling once buffed off.

corolla619
01-08-2009, 06:45 PM
^^^^I used pinnacle paint work cleansing lotion to strip the wax, it felt better after that, then after re-applying the wax, it was back to point A all over again.