PDA

View Full Version : Clay Bars and Wax?

Oceanedge
08-17-2006, 10:56 PM
I purchased some of the new Pinnacle Ultra Poly clay about 2 months ago, and was thrilled to hear that it doesn't remove wax....(Let's face it, Souveran is Great! :applause: but it's not cheap!) Anyhow, since I have to park under a beautiful tree at work, I get lovely tree sap on the car very ofter. So, anyhoo...I wash my car alot and always finish up by using the Pinncale Clay on the car.... Heres the glitch...// (http://) :( ......I've notcied that the wax seems to not last nearly as long now; in fact I applied Souveran only 3 wash/dry/clays ago and already the car doesn't seem to bead water up at all.... Are we sure that this new clay isn't removing wax when it's used? :confused:

sparkie
08-17-2006, 11:00 PM
I haven't use Pinnacle products. Now the clay I use removes wax.

Kelso
08-18-2006, 01:01 AM
he's referring to the new poly clay or whatever that is designed to be used often and not supposed to remove wax. ive never used it but i dont see how its really possible. plsu souveran only lasts about a month anyways

Jonboy
08-18-2006, 06:25 AM
If you used it often enough then i imagine it would eventually start removing the wax, i use the clay on mine every 3 - 4 weeks but i still wax every 4 weeks

FloridaNative
08-18-2006, 06:25 AM
the ultra poly glides above the surface of the wax or sealant. Keep in mind we are now in the summer doldrums too and wax melts at high temperatures. I think that the heat is probably the culprit, not the clay. Just my 2 cents.

BILL
08-18-2006, 06:56 AM
the ultra poly glides above the surface of the wax or sealant. Keep in mind we are now in the summer doldrums too and wax melts at high temperatures. I think that the heat is probably the culprit, not the clay. Just my 2 cents.

:iagree: I think the sealer holds up longer with the clay in the summer, and the heat really would affect the wax longivity.....in the summer..

Rapidity
08-18-2006, 08:16 AM
What is the clay removing if it's not getting down to the paint surface? Contaminants in the wax?

3Dog
08-18-2006, 12:59 PM
I would think you would have to use an extremely light touch.

BILL
08-18-2006, 04:56 PM
What is the clay removing if it's not getting down to the paint surface? Contaminants in the wax?

Surface containments that lay atop your finish, this particular PINNACLE clay is very gentle but thorough;)

ScottB
08-18-2006, 05:57 PM
I think we hashed this over before ... while the ultra clay is conservative by abrasive standards, it still "could" remove wax. It would likely make no real dent in a sealant. It is however (the Ultra Clay) a valid choice for individuals that want to clay on pace with each wax/seal session and is not anywhere near as abrasive as using regular clay so often.

supercharged
08-18-2006, 09:15 PM
I think we hashed this over before ... while the ultra clay is conservative by abrasive standards, it still "could" remove wax. It would likely make no real dent in a sealant. It is however (the Ultra Clay) a valid choice for individuals that want to clay on pace with each wax/seal session and is not anywhere near as abrasive as using regular clay so often.
:iagree: . Putting a coat of a paste wax takes only a few minutes. You will probably just clay hood, roof, and trunklid. So it shouldn't take longer then 7-10 minutes to reappy Souveran.