PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant questions

Pages : [1] 2

Emile
01-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Hey,

I received two 16oz bottles of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant today as per my order. I just have a few questions because I'm going to polish and wax my Subaru soon.

1.) Does DGPS bond to chrome, plastic, or glass? Chrome for the emblems and the grille, plastic for the healights and tail lights, and glass for my windshield for better visibility when driving in the rain.

2.) I know that I can lay down a coat of Wolfgang Fuzion on top of DGPS, but does it play nicely with other paste waxes? I received a jar of Dodo Juice Blue Velvet along with my order, and I'd like to use it with that or my Chemical Guys Pete's '53, Poorboy's Natty's Red, or whatever. I have a container of Fuzion but my Subaru doesn't deserve it...it hardly deserves the Dodo Juice.

3.) Does DGPS hold up well against automatic car washes? I plan to apply two coats for better protection and durability, but during the winter months I frequently like to visit my local machine car wash.

Thanks,
Emile

AeroCleanse
01-05-2009, 08:57 PM
Have you seen the video they have done on it? [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfs8bBFBlAM]YouTube - Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant[/video]

You should be able to apply a wax over it.

What kind of equipment does your local car wash use? Not sure where you are, but if you can wash in a garage, then Optimum No Rinse would be a good choice for winter (I use it all year)

Rsurfer
01-05-2009, 09:41 PM
Shame on you Emile for even considering running your ride thru an auto car wash. If you do, you will not be called an AutoGeek.

orionz06
01-05-2009, 09:51 PM
i have found that its pretty easy to spend $1.50 at the local diy wash and blast the salt off on the way home... ill use their rinse mode mostly...

nrengle
01-06-2009, 01:57 AM
DGPS plays well with most waxes on top. I'm not sure about automatic car washes, but I wouldn't think so if it's a touchless. The chemicals those guys use are pretty harsh and will strip most LSP's pretty quickly...

Emile
01-06-2009, 11:11 AM
Shame on you Emile for even considering running your ride thru an auto car wash. If you do, you will not be called an AutoGeek.

Lol, but they have the under-carriage rinse. I'd rather strip some wax in order to get the salt sprayed off from underneath the vehicle. Wax can always be re-applied, but salt (from the road during the winter) eats its way through EVERYTHING.

orionz06
01-06-2009, 12:21 PM
make your own undercarriage washer... pvc frame and some smaller holes in a row, or put the car on ramps and go after it with the jets...

ScottB
01-06-2009, 07:56 PM

I too had several heart palpitations after reading this :D

loudog2
01-06-2009, 09:36 PM
make your own undercarriage washer... pvc frame and some smaller holes in a row, or put the car on ramps and go after it with the jets...
I've seen guys use their lawn sprinklers under thier cars. The one that goes back and forth spraying water up in the air.

Emile
01-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the posts guys. I came home and I did an ONR wash to the Subaru, dried it and then did an alcohol wipe-down which I'm hoping killed the existing DG105 and Zaino Z-CS.

I then applied a coat of Wolfgang DGPS and buffed it off...looks pretty good. If it doesn't snow overnight and I can use the G35 tomorrow, I will just let the Suby sit and apply another coat of DGPS tomorrow night. I'd really like to have at least two coats of DGPS.

Btw, I'm pretty sure the stuff bonded to the headlights and tail lights but I don't think it bonded to the chrome.

vinnier6
01-07-2009, 08:30 AM
Lol, but they have the under-carriage rinse. I'd rather strip some wax in order to get the salt sprayed off from underneath the vehicle. Wax can always be re-applied, but salt (from the road during the winter) eats its way through EVERYTHING.

nevermind the swirls the carwash is doing to your clearcoat....:buffing:

Emile
01-07-2009, 10:56 AM
Apparently it was freezing rain last night so one coat of DGPS will have to do for now...the G35 couldn't make it out of the driveway! I'm going to run the car through the automatic car wash soon and see how the sealant holds up. This sealant looks really nice though, very crisp and clean reflections, a lot like a nice carnauba.

AeroCleanse
01-07-2009, 12:33 PM
Apparently it was freezing rain last night so one coat of DGPS will have to do for now...the G35 couldn't make it out of the driveway! I'm going to run the car through the automatic car wash soon and see how the sealant holds up. This sealant looks really nice though, very crisp and clean reflections, a lot like a nice carnauba.

:Picture:

Emile
01-07-2009, 12:37 PM
It's pouring rain outside right now and that's where the Subaru is since I'm at work. As soon as I get a chance to not drive the Subaru for a few days I'm going to apply two coats of Klasse AIO and two coats of Wolf DGPS and post up some nice sunny pics.

wytstang
01-07-2009, 01:47 PM
Why would you do 2 coats of AIO? it's a cleaner that will only remove what it left behind in the first coat. Unless you are doing 2 to make sure you didn't miss any spots?