PDA

View Full Version : will poorboys ssr1 cut volkswagen cc

maddenbowler
01-04-2009, 01:17 PM
I know Volkswagen has a hard clearcoat and wondering if poorboys ssr1 with a orange pad will get small swirls out or if i need something stronger

Meghan
01-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Hard Clear Coat will require more then SSR1 for swirls.

maddenbowler
01-04-2009, 01:27 PM
so should poorboys ssr2.5 work or did I need mezerna SIP

ScottB
01-04-2009, 04:05 PM
SSR1 should be considered a finishing polish as quite light on their abrasive scale. Use to use SSR 2.5 and then 1.0 to followup.

orionz06
01-05-2009, 08:01 PM
i know the menzerna will do it, SIP i think... im not familiar with their products, but XMT 3 with an orange pad is satisfactory, followed by XMT 1 with a white pad... working it long enough left no work needed after the #1...

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
01-05-2009, 08:06 PM
i know the menzerna will do it, SIP i think... im not familiar with their products, but XMT 3 with an orange pad is satisfactory, followed by XMT 1 with a white pad... working it long enough left no work needed after the #1...

Don't use XMT stuff. I have a Chevy with not nearly as hard a CC as a VW. I used XMT3 with orange, then XMT1 with white and I still didn't get the swirls out. I even made two passes with the #3 in some spots. Go with the SIP/Nano or 85rd combo. You will be super happy!

maddenbowler
01-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Go with the SIP/Nano or 85rd combo. You will be super happy!

What is the 85rd combo?

Emile
01-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Go with the Menzerna SIP and Menzerna Nano combo or Poorboy's SSR2.5 and Poorboy's SSR1. Supposedly, you can go straight from SSR2.5 to your wax but I don't have enough experience with my Porter Cable to be able to do that.

orionz06
01-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Don't use XMT stuff. I have a Chevy with not nearly as hard a CC as a VW. I used XMT3 with orange, then XMT1 with white and I still didn't get the swirls out. I even made two passes with the #3 in some spots. Go with the SIP/Nano or 85rd combo. You will be super happy!
interesting... ive used in on 3 different vw's without issue... i even used the combo on my grandmas impalla that was never detailed and only machine washed and it was fine...

i will agree that menzerna seems to work much better, but i havent caught on to their numbering and process yet, but will be placing an order as early as friday...

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
01-05-2009, 11:04 PM
interesting... ive used in on 3 different vw's without issue... i even used the combo on my grandmas impalla that was never detailed and only machine washed and it was fine...

i will agree that menzerna seems to work much better, but i havent caught on to their numbering and process yet, but will be placing an order as early as friday...

Get that Menzerna ASAP lol...you will not be disappointed. Maybe it was because I didn't work their products right, but the results were short of my expectations.