PDA

View Full Version : xmt360 or optimum poliseal??

vinnier6
01-01-2009, 12:02 PM
anyone have experience with both...i currently have poliseal, but i dont see how it can correct as its just too light and cant be worked in very long....

i just ordered up some xmt 360 as i am just looking for a product to maintain the finish i just corrected on my car and remove the minor swirls every other month or soo of washing....i do use all the correct products to avoid swirling, but i know they are going to happen reguardless over time....

is xmt 360 better at removing very light swirls then poliseal? protection wise i always top off with upp....

ScottB
01-01-2009, 12:11 PM
both products are quite nice, neither is a wrong choice in AIO's.

vinnier6
01-01-2009, 12:48 PM
well, i guess i will just have both...i am hopping that xmt will have more of a correction quality then poliseal which i think has none, but i used i have found that if you use it after a polish with a black pad it cleans up nicely....i just wanted to use it with a white pad for more of a cleaning and correcting without being too harsh...

i will give the xmt a shot and see how it works to do my own comparison.....

trhland
01-01-2009, 03:39 PM
xmt is great!!! i use it on my dumptruck and it really cleans up the paint nicely fills the swirls nice too.. definitly the easyest aio i ever used !!!!

Chris Thomas
01-01-2009, 04:14 PM
I have and like both. PS is easier to remove. Both have decent chemical paint cleaners and both are pad dependent for cutting power. I have used PS with orange pads on a cyclo and gotten decent cutting and a great shine.

builthatch
01-01-2009, 04:26 PM
I have and like both. PS is easier to remove. Both have decent chemical paint cleaners and both are pad dependent for cutting power. I have used PS with orange pads on a cyclo and gotten decent cutting and a great shine.

i agree with this statement.

poli-seal is pretty functional and flexible.

i've used it with orange, white and soft green pads, depending on what it is exactly that i'm trying to do, what color the car is and the softness of the clear.

on a side note, tom, you have a dumptruck?! haha, that's neat.

trhland
01-01-2009, 04:42 PM
i agree with this statement.

poli-seal is pretty functional and flexible.

i've used it with orange, white and soft green pads, depending on what it is exactly that i'm trying to do, what color the car is and the softness of the clear.

on a side note, tom, you have a dumptruck?! haha, that's neat. for landscaping a 2008 f350..in fact it needs a good coat of xmt360 waiting for a nice warm day .... and ye im crazy for polishing a dumptruck i know my friends have told me :cheers:

Jimmie
01-01-2009, 08:26 PM
both products are quite nice, neither is a wrong choice in AIO's.

:whs: I also get a little cut with Poli-Seal. You want a little more mix 75/25; Poli-Seal/Optimum Polish.

Chris Thomas
01-01-2009, 08:30 PM
:whs: I also get a little cut with Poli-Seal. You want a little more mix 75/25; Poli-Seal/Optimum Polish.

Most excellent advice, I too do this!:whs:

vinnier6
01-01-2009, 11:55 PM
xmt is great!!! i use it on my dumptruck and it really cleans up the paint nicely fills the swirls nice too.. definitly the easyest aio i ever used !!!!
poliseal and xmt 360 don not contain fillers....they correct not fill....

Chris Thomas
01-01-2009, 11:58 PM

They don't have fillers added, but they do fill a bit. It's probably just a little oil or wax as PS contains some carnuba.

trhland
01-02-2009, 06:53 AM
ive noticed some minor filling though .. which is fine dont get me wrong ....

vinnier6
01-02-2009, 06:07 PM
ive noticed some minor filling though .. which is fine dont get me wrong ....
thats cool....i was hopping that xmt didnt have any carnuba in it...i new the poliseal did, which is ok...i prefer polymer....

trhland
01-02-2009, 07:25 PM
thats cool....i was hopping that xmt didnt have any carnuba in it...i new the poliseal did, which is ok...i prefer polymer....
xmt has polymers in it not carnuaba . ohh and it smells like wild cherrys:cheers:

vinnier6
01-02-2009, 08:48 PM
i am down with that....