PDA

View Full Version : ? about Menzerna...getting ready to buy

TeddyKGB
01-01-2009, 12:40 AM
I have always used XMT series, mostly 360, but having heard great stuff about Menzerna I think I am going to pick out a few basic items to start with.

Never having worked with the Menzerna line before just how intense is the IP? Most of the cars (family cars) are in pretty darn good shape so I don't know if using IP would be overkill in most cases.

For decently or well maintained cars could I just wash, clay, then use the Menzerna Final polish and a LSP like a SSII or Natty's?

Also if I were to get the Nano polish would that be best used after the final polish but before my LSP? Or is it normally used instead of the final polish?

Thanks

detail viking
01-01-2009, 01:39 AM
I have IP and po106fa. IP is not too intense. You will not hurt anything with IP, yet it will remove some decent swirls. On newer cars you should get by with the po106fa or follow IP with it. They are all great products and worth owning though. Hope that helps and/or makes sense. :D
:buffing:

ASPHALT ROCKET
01-01-2009, 02:28 AM
I would get the sip and then 106fa. This way you have a medium polish and a finishing polish. You should always follow sip with a finishing polish on a finishing pad.

TeddyKGB
01-01-2009, 09:23 AM
Thanks to both. AGO has 2 kits right now that I am eying.

The Intro has IP and Final (85U)

The Ceramic has SIP and Nano (106FA)

I was going to get the Intro and use the following in order

Wash - Xtreme Foam
Clay - Pinnacle Ultra Poly
Polish - IP (skip if paint is in good shape)
Polish - Final
Wax - SSII or Natty's Blue

I have the soap, clay and waxes already. Is that a good general plan or am I missing something?

Thanks

ScottB
01-01-2009, 09:36 AM
SIP and Nano polish would be my choices, you might even find that Nano and then your LSP is all thats needed on well prepped cars.

sal329
01-01-2009, 11:26 AM
I would go with the Ceramic kit myself.