PDA

View Full Version : Got my DP Sealant

verplankfan
08-17-2006, 10:22 AM
Got my DP Sealant on Wednesday, will post results after detailing the Mini Cooper on Saturday if it doesn't rain. I'll use Wolfgang Prewax Cleaner then top with the sealant.

I will also get a chance to try the new foam gun & DP Foam Gun Soap if the foam gun arrives by Friday.

If the Wolfgang is not a good first step let me know, I also have some Optimum Polish(thanks Mehgan!!). The car is only 2 months old so the paint is in great shape. I just was asking for compatibility purposes.

Bob

abrcrombe
08-17-2006, 10:38 AM
You shouldn't have any problems. I would go like this: wash, OP, WG Prewax cleaner, DP sealant.

verplankfan
08-17-2006, 10:47 AM
You shouldn't have any problems. I would go like this: wash, OP, WG Prewax cleaner, DP sealant.

If the paint is in good shape(2 month old car) do I need OP, can I just use WG Prewax. I see OP has abrassives in it and the paint has no swirling.

Meghan
08-17-2006, 10:51 AM
If the paint is in good shape(2 month old car) do I need OP, can I just use WG Prewax. I see OP has abrassives in it and the paint has no swirling.
I would just do the WG, no OP at this time and you are welcome.:D

Brace1
08-18-2006, 07:31 PM
I'd skip the OP at this time too, but would clay (if that wasn't done when you first got the vehicle) for rail dust, etc. after the wash and before the pre-wax cleaner.