PDA

View Full Version : Newbie questions

calhoun1
12-31-2008, 11:05 AM
Ok, so if I get a PC and SIP and 106FA, will I need the finishing glaze? (PO 115C)

Or will the souveran wax do the job of that?

I do understand that with the SIP, I can use different pads to achieve more cutting to get more scratches out so I am not worried about that.

But I can use the lambswool with SIP? And then use SIP with Orange move to 106FA with White?

Or do I even need to use the Orange?

And then once I have the 106FA, do I need anything else before the wax?

Should I clay if I haven't clayed for about 3-4 months? Or would pictures help?

Sorry I am asking so many questions, but I am just trying to learn. Thanks for the help.

sal329
12-31-2008, 08:52 PM
Depends on how hard the paint is. I recommend the 4" pads. Always pick a test panel and start with the least aggressive pad/polish combo and go up from there till you find the best one that works. SIP, 106 then either 85 or 87 depening on the car and what you are looking for.
I would not use lambswool and a PC. Try some 3.5 " foamwool pads if you need more bite then the foam pads.
After a polish you can go right to your LSP but I prefer to do a wipedown with water/isopropyl alcohol.
After you wash the car feel the paint and see if it needs to be clayed or not.

calhoun1
01-01-2009, 12:41 PM
So the 106 is too harsh to be the last polish before wax (regardless of the pad)?

Or is that dependent on paint color?

I am just trying to see what exactly I need to buy so I don't have to keep coming back for something else.