PDA

View Full Version : Fuzion vs Dodo SN vs Souveran

sjdude
12-29-2008, 09:29 PM
Hi all,

I'm a newbie and already spent countless hours reading this forum. I am now down to deciding which of the 3 waxes I should go with = Wolfgang Fuzion, Dodo Juice Supernatural or Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax.

I have a brand new blue colored BMW and a brand new red MB C350 Sport. Both have been detailed by a professional detailer and already had sealant applied. No swirl marks, very smooth surface. So I want to put a good wax on it to make the color pop up, add to the shine and I want the wet look.

The Bimmer is not daily driver while the MB is. The bimmer is always parked inside the garage. I wash them both at most once every 2 to 3 months so I plan to reapply wax after each wash.

I now ask you guys, the detailing gurus, to help me decide which wax to buy.

Thanks.

Rsurfer
12-29-2008, 09:36 PM
I wash them both at most once every 2 to 3 months

Wow, how do you get to wash every 2-3 months?

sjdude
12-29-2008, 09:46 PM
the cars were bought 6 months ago (one week apart). During the last 6 months that's how often I washed them.

Rsurfer
12-29-2008, 10:21 PM
the cars were bought 6 months ago (one week apart). During the last 6 months that's how often I washed them.
I can see not washing a garage queen for 2 mos, but a daily driver in winter!!! As far as waxes goes, it's the prep that will make the difference. If you used all the waxes you mentioned you would probably not notice a big difference.

akimel
12-30-2008, 01:33 PM
I note that you haven't yet received any recommendations from the brethren, so I thought I'd bump this up for you.

I have not yet tried the three waxes cited--Fuzion, Supernatural, and Souveran--though I will be trying all three in 2009 (I own a pot of Fuzion and was given samples of the other two). I have, however, seen Supernatural on a couple of cars (gorgeous!); and I have read countless pictorial reviews of these products, and others, on various forums.

The first thing that can be said is that each is reputed to be an excellent wax and each will no doubt do brilliantly on your cars, the differences being so subtle as to be overlooked by all except the most experienced. I'm sure you will be delighted with any of them, all of them. Here are my observations based on what I have read (caveat emptor!):

You will probably get better durability from Fuzion and Supernatural. How important is durability to you? How often are you prepared to wash and wax your car?

Supernatural is widely believed, particularly in England, to be as good a wax as the show waxes offered by Zymol and Swissvax but costing significantly less. Over at Detailing World, for example, the brethren absolutely adore Supernatural. However, application of Supernatural requires more attention than the application of either Fuzion or Souveran. Precisely because of its high carnauba content, it can be a bit finnicky. I have not read similar complaints about Fuzion or Souveran.

The reviews I read about Fuzion persuaded me to spring for it back in November when it was put on sale. I am confident it will look wonderfully on my black S2000 and I am eager to use it. However, I probably would not have bought it, and would not buy it today, at full retail price. So far, it simply has not generated the kind of enthusiasm and passion from detailers that other waxes in that price bracket generate.

There is both a financial and psychological threshold here. Can you easily afford to spend $200 on a boutique wax and are you willing and eager to do so? If you can say yes to both, and apparently you can, then you might want to consider a fourth option, which will only cost you $40 more: "Best of Show" (or in America, "Smaragd") by Swissvax. Everyone seems to love this wax and its ease of application, and its durability is said to be decent. Though I will never buy it, as I am convinced that I am going to be more than content with the waxes I already own, this is a wax that I wish I did own. Of course, I'd also like to own a tub of Vintage, too. :)

Hope this helps and good luck!

Cheers,
Al

Brian_Brice
12-30-2008, 02:11 PM
I have yet to try Fuzion as well, but have heard good things from a few guys I speak to often. If they come out with a sample size I'll pick one up, I have way too many waxes to buy another jar right now.

jrose0070
12-30-2008, 06:48 PM
I really like fuzion because it looks great on black and red but it also looks great on metaliac paint's

ScottB
12-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Fuzion and Souveran are easier to remove and apply thats for sure. SN looks nice but a bit harder to remove and use quite sparingly. For durability Fuzion with its polymer would likely be the best choice. Cannot seem to go wrong with any of the three and comes down to personal taste .

Surfer
12-30-2008, 08:02 PM
Just make sure you have proper prep, high end wax on poorly prepped paint = look like blahhh. I say buy all 3, and melt together for a super wax :D

sjdude
12-30-2008, 09:17 PM
Thanks guys for your responses. I have been leaning towards Fuzion and it seems like this is the common consensus here. I think I'll place an order for it.

Gogoggansgo
05-21-2012, 09:14 PM
Hi all,

I'm a newbie and already spent countless hours reading this forum. I am now down to deciding which of the 3 waxes I should go with = Wolfgang Fuzion, Dodo Juice Supernatural or Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax.

I have a brand new blue colored BMW and a brand new red MB C350 Sport. Both have been detailed by a professional detailer and already had sealant applied. No swirl marks, very smooth surface. So I want to put a good wax on it to make the color pop up, add to the shine and I want the wet look.

The Bimmer is not daily driver while the MB is. The bimmer is always parked inside the garage. I wash them both at most once every 2 to 3 months so I plan to reapply wax after each wash.

I now ask you guys, the detailing gurus, to help me decide which wax to buy.

Thanks.

For the dark color go with pinnacle. But dodo juice, and fuzion are great on all colorsFeed back please