PDA

View Full Version : tech wax 2.0 over DWG?

Pages : [1] 2

Gobeavs
12-29-2008, 11:20 AM
I read on here that tech wax 2.0 has some cleaners in it - would I be wasting my time using DWG and then sealing with tech wax 2.0? TIA for any advice you can lend!

Bigfoot
12-29-2008, 01:35 PM
I read on here that tech wax 2.0 has some cleaners in it - would I be wasting my time using DWG and then sealing with tech wax 2.0? TIA for any advice you can lend!

I would recommend it backwards. NXT first and then DWG. DWG has no cleaners

Waxmax
12-29-2008, 01:43 PM
I concur...try DWG on top. IMO, one of the neat things about DWG is that if want to go from a carnauba to a sealant, just top the carnauba with DWG and then apply the sealant. And DWG so easy to apply/remove.

Bigfoot
12-29-2008, 02:02 PM
Just to add, make sure you apply it THIN.

Gobeavs
12-29-2008, 02:37 PM
Thanks for all your help!

Bert31
12-29-2008, 02:49 PM
Just to add, make sure you apply it THIN.

Due to looking better thin or easier to remove thin coats?

Bigfoot
12-29-2008, 05:08 PM
Due to looking better thin or easier to remove thin coats?

IMO, easier to remove

Bert31
12-29-2008, 10:22 PM
IMO, easier to remove

I see. I didn't have much trouble removing it but my coat was fairly thin.

Bunky
12-30-2008, 07:04 AM
The usual order is: sealant (synthetic), glaze, lsp (carnauba). The glaze should not be the lsp.

heatgain
12-30-2008, 08:44 AM
I agree with Bunky. I wouldn't layer DWG on top of an LSP. It has VERY limited durability.

vinnier6
12-30-2008, 10:40 AM
The usual order is: sealant (synthetic), glaze, lsp (carnauba). The glaze should not be the lsp.
with traditional glazes this would be true, but dwg is not your normal glaze, it doesnt fill or polish, it can be topped or be the topper....in his case with 2.0 having a cleaner in it, i would use that first then top with dwg...and dwg does have some protective qualities to it...

ml13
01-09-2009, 12:08 AM
I concur...try DWG on top. IMO, one of the neat things about DWG is that if want to go from a carnauba to a sealant, just top the carnauba with DWG and then apply the sealant. And DWG so easy to apply/remove.

Does the part about going from a wax to a sealant with a layer of DWG in between work well? Will the sealant cure as good or at least close to it as it would if you applied the sealant to fresh paint with only DWG on top?

vinnier6
01-09-2009, 08:42 AM
Does the part about going from a wax to a sealant with a layer of DWG in between work well? Will the sealant cure as good or at least close to it as it would if you applied the sealant to fresh paint with only DWG on top?
i dont really use carnuba, but i would think you could only use carnuba as a final app....i dont think anything synthetic would bond to carnuba...even dwg....

Waxmax
01-09-2009, 08:30 PM
I use DWG over carnauba and it works fine. Bob @ Danase says many people use it over carnauba and then if they like, go with a sealant. The durability of the sealant may be compromised some.

I also use WGSS over carnauba and then (after curing) use WG3.0...

vinnier6
01-10-2009, 04:32 PM
I use DWG over carnauba and it works fine. Bob @ Danase says many people use it over carnauba and then if they like, go with a sealant. The durability of the sealant may be compromised some.

I also use WGSS over carnauba and then (after curing) use WG3.0...
i dont see how any carnuba would remain if you tried to topp it off with something like a synthetic...not to mention the bonding issues...but if it works for you thats cool....i just dont see the use for carnuba but i know some folks still swear by it....