PDA

View Full Version : Autogeek and pinnacle web questions

calhoun1
12-28-2008, 09:12 PM
How closely related are the sites?

I notice that most of the prices for items are identical, however there a few things that aren't.

Same with discounts being slightly different.

So basically, I would prefer to place my order all on the same site, however, it is cheaper to buy some autogeek and some on pinnaclewax.

Is there any way around that? I have no problem doing 2 orders to save the money, but wondering if there is a reason for the difference?

I mean the difference for the whole orders was $20 and with the order split around $50 cheaper.

Any thoughts on this?

builthatch
12-28-2008, 10:01 PM
How closely related are the sites?

I notice that most of the prices for items are identical, however there a few things that aren't.

Same with discounts being slightly different.

So basically, I would prefer to place my order all on the same site, however, it is cheaper to buy some autogeek and some on pinnaclewax.

Is there any way around that? I have no problem doing 2 orders to save the money, but wondering if there is a reason for the difference?

I mean the difference for the whole orders was $20 and with the order split around $50 cheaper.

Any thoughts on this?

both companies are under the PBMA name...

6, and 1/2 dozen.

whatever price is better because it's all going in the same pockets ; )

img
12-28-2008, 10:14 PM
Might want to check their Superior Car Care site also to compare prices.

Know it's inconsistent and confusing, but have found most of the best prices

img
12-28-2008, 10:15 PM
here on AG

Meghan
12-29-2008, 08:15 AM
PBMA owns Pinnacle, Autogeek, Wolfgang, Bike Depot, and Diamondite, we do run different promotions on the sites at times though.

CharlesW
12-29-2008, 08:49 AM

Is there any way around that?
Since AG says they match any competitors price, let them match the Pinnacle prices.

calhoun1
12-29-2008, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the replies.

The only problem with price matching is that it is the discount that is making the difference. The NewYear20 does not apply to the PC here but it appears it does over at Pinnacle (a different 20%)

So it is cheaper to buy that over there.

CharlesW
12-29-2008, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the replies.

The only problem with price matching is that it is the discount that is making the difference. The NewYear20 does not apply to the PC here but it appears it does over at Pinnacle (a different 20%)

So it is cheaper to buy that over there.It might be worth a phone call.
To me, a price match means the total price would be the same, including any discounts.
Obviously, I could be wrong, but I would call and ask.

ScottB
12-29-2008, 06:30 PM
Might want to check their Superior Car Care site also to compare prices.

Know it's inconsistent and confusing, but have found most of the best prices

not owned by PBMA, but I believe they use us for stocking their products.

As offered each site may have different prices based upon specials and their discounts. At Corvetteforum we have 20% off Pinnacle for members but only 10% for Autogeek. Its always best to measure the offer, the discount, and the shipping for best possible offer.