PDA

View Full Version : Hologram problem

AudiTTman
12-28-2008, 06:46 PM
Well i dont have a picture of my car with holograms, but this is exactly what they look like on mine. The only place they are really visible are the doors and side skirts. Ive got SIP+Nano+Top Inspection and the proper pads(wool which i rarely use, orange, white, and red)and both 4s sealent and Sig Series II carnauba. These have been one the car since i recieved it. Are these a hard problem to remove. My car would be even better if i could get these gone. Hopefully the products i listed above will remove it or atleast lessen the severity of it.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/hocschneil/whatimseeing.jpg

Jimmie
12-28-2008, 07:36 PM
No they're not hard to remove. In fact they will come out easy with your SIP; Nano; and a PC.

Rsurfer
12-28-2008, 08:34 PM
I agree with Jimmie. BTW whats up with those red side mirrors?

Wendell Jarvis
12-28-2008, 08:37 PM
..........lol...........you crack me up, I thought the same thing !!

AudiTTman
12-28-2008, 08:42 PM
hahha... you know, im not sure whats up with the red side mirrors. I have an all black car, this just happened to be a perfect example of the holograming i was having. It was too dark to get a get photo of it on my own vehicle. Maybe we should all just paint our SM's red. lol

builthatch
12-28-2008, 08:57 PM

it's a mini cooper GP. a friend of mine has one, actually, the f360 i just did a few weeks back...it's his car, lol.

here is a pic of one...
http://image.motortrend.com/f/9489156/112_0706_05z%2B2007_mini_cooper_s_jcw_gp%2Bpasseng er_side.jpg

builthatch
12-28-2008, 09:00 PM
No they're not hard to remove. In fact they will come out easy with your SIP; Nano; and a PC.

x3. this will be a cinch. in fact a honda i just did had these on the rear quarters and hood from an attack in the past with a rotary. i used a PC with OP and an orange pad throughout most of the car due to the condition of the finish and they (the holograms) disappeared pretty quickly...i probably could have used a white pad and gotten rid of the holograms.

AudiTTman
12-28-2008, 09:22 PM
awesome, i was worried because id hate to have everything else looking good, then right when the sun hits the door the wrong way...all you see is that lol.

Bunky
12-29-2008, 06:57 AM

I have something similar. I caused this myself when I was using WG TSR and FG. What did I do wrong to cause this -- polish not breaking down?

Jimmie
12-29-2008, 01:33 PM
I have something similar. I caused this myself when I was using WG TSR and FG. What did I do wrong to cause this -- polish not breaking down?

Maybe. Were you using a rotary buffer?
I don't have enough experience to say what absolutely causes them. I've never caused them with a PC but have caused them with correct speeds with a rotary. That killed my belief that they are always caused by too high a speed with the rotary. I've done a whole car with the same techniques with a rotary and wound up with just a couple of holograms.
There is a dealer in my town that is really good at putting them on big time. I should go watch him and solve the mystery, lol.

AudiTTman
12-29-2008, 01:38 PM
Hahhahah i have the same scenario. Except this guys has his own little shop. He pulled up next to me one day and i saw how many swirls and holograms he had on his vehicle(it looked like someone purposely put them no the paint). I figured it wasnt anyone special till he pulled out in front of me and i saw the huge letter on the truck that said "Jerry's Auto Detailing" hahaha

Ill be honest, most of the really good detailers do the majority of there work from out of their own home, but thats nothing against some of the bigger shop guys. Everyone on here really knows what there doing, i just didnt want to make it sound like i was a hater lol.