PDA

View Full Version : Scratch X 2.0 at walmart

Pages : [1] 2

GMC83
12-28-2008, 01:14 AM
i was doin some late night shopping and i went into the auto detailing section and to my suprise scratch x 2.0 was sitting on the shelf. i snatched up 2 bottles and went home to add it to my rack

i wil post pics later

rousher99
12-28-2008, 01:39 AM
i have alot of the stuff. not that great though. you would be better off going to a body shop or a auto paint store and buying meguiars #9 lol but seriously.. its a good otc product

GMC83
12-28-2008, 11:57 AM
i have alot of the stuff. not that great though. you would be better off going to a body shop or a auto paint store and buying meguiars #9 lol but seriously.. its a good otc product
really, i have number 9, maybe i will do comparison test

builthatch
12-28-2008, 01:20 PM
both are loaded with fillers. better off just correcting the problems as opposed to hiding them IMO, unless you prefer doing the same work over and over again.

GMC83
12-28-2008, 01:48 PM
both are loaded with fillers. better off just correcting the problems as opposed to hiding them IMO, unless you prefer doing the same work over and over again.
Number 9 is megs cleaner/polish it still removes defects and not simply fills them in, ive seen it

builthatch
12-28-2008, 01:54 PM
Number 9 is megs cleaner/polish it still removes defects and not simply fills them in, ive seen it

9 has a ton of fillers in it, just like scratch x.

from the autogeek #9 product description-

the polishing emollients round over the hard edges of swirls or scratches and literally fill-in the damage. Swirls are visible because light catches on the hard edges. When the edges are rounded over and filled, light is refracted away from the scratch or swirl. You can’t see what light can’t catch--problem solved! It’s that easy!

to each his own; all i'm saying is i'd rather get rid of them with the proper product vs. hide them. high volume, value detailing...hiding is fine. precision detailing...i don't agree with hiding anything.

GMC83
12-28-2008, 01:56 PM
9 has a ton of fillers in it, just like scratch x.

from the autogeek product description-

the polishing emollients round over the hard edges of swirls or scratches and literally fill-in the damage. Swirls are visible because light catches on the hard edges. When the edges are rounded over and filled, light is refracted away from the scratch or swirl. You can’t see what light can’t catch--problem solved! It’s that easy!

to each his own; all i'm saying is i'd rather get rid of them with the proper product vs. hide them. high volume, value detailing...hiding is fine. precision detailing...i don't agree with hiding anything.
how do you know number 9 and scratch x have fillers, megs website claims they do not

builthatch
12-28-2008, 02:06 PM
how do you know number 9 and scratch x have fillers, megs website claims they do not

scratch x has always been known to have them. if it's reformulated or something, then megs can claim otherwise as what fills is probably considered a lubricant for their polishing agents, hence it not being a filler in their book...

but, in reality-

anything marketed to be able to work by hand, most likely is laden with fillers. otherwise it would not give the consumer the results they want. that doesn't make it a bad product, but i'm just saying, we've all come to learn on AG that correcting is ideal because it not only solves the problem for good, but reduces the labor and yields the best possible results.

IMO, for a company with as far a retail reach as meguiars, it makes total sense for them to offer scratch x to the mass retail public. can't hate on them for that, it's smart business. BUT....for us, on here...we've discovered what else is out there and man it's a nice place to be!

Lasthope05
12-28-2008, 02:08 PM
I didnt even hear of scratchX 2.0 hitting the shelves yet. I thought the release of the new 2.0 version was mid January.

Also. They might have fillers they might not but if you are using the product correctly the defects should be completely removed. And you cant say scratchx 2.0 is weak either since its stronger than M83 DACP

GMC83
12-28-2008, 02:09 PM
scratch x has always been known to have them. if it's reformulated or something, then megs can claim otherwise as what fills is probably considered a lubricant for their polishing agents, hence it not being a filler in their book...

but, in reality-

anything marketed to be able to work by hand, most likely is laden with fillers. otherwise it would not give the consumer the results they want. that doesn't make it a bad product, but i'm just saying, we've all come to learn on AG that correcting is ideal because it not only solves the problem for good, but reduces the labor and yields the best possible results.
you know now that i think of it i removed a defect with 2 passes by hand with scratch x and the same defect reappeared a couple weeks later after washing, claying , polishing and waxing

GMC83
12-28-2008, 02:10 PM
I didnt even hear of scratchX 2.0 hitting the shelves yet. I thought the release of the new 2.0 version was mid January.

Also. They might have fillers they might not but if you are using the product correctly the defects should be completely removed. And you cant say scratchx 2.0 is weak either since its stronger than M83 DACP
i totally agree with you, i saw the least to most agressive chart on megs website:iagree:

Lasthope05
12-28-2008, 02:12 PM
you know now that i think of it i removed a defect with 2 passes by hand with scratch x and the same defect reappeared a couple weeks later after washing, claying , polishing and waxing

I just believe you didnt work it in enough. Over on the megs forums you can see the minor defects removed. And just like any other polish you should do a IPA wipedown afterwards.

GMC83
12-28-2008, 02:14 PM
I just believe you didnt work it in enough. Over on the megs forums you can see the minor defects removed. And just like any other polish you should do a IPA wipedown afterwards.
your probably right, they even recommend 3 to 4 passes and then the wipedown

but i got rid of it with the 2.0 version so its okay

builthatch
12-28-2008, 02:18 PM
your probably right, they even recommend 3 to 4 passes and then the wipedown

but i got rid of it with the 2.0 version so its okay

does the actual stuff in the bottle feel/look/smell different than the old scratch x? i'm curious what the revisions are...

glad it worked for you though.

GMC83
12-28-2008, 02:23 PM
does the actual stuff in the bottle feel/look/smell different than the old scratch x? i'm curious what the revisions are...

glad it worked for you though.
Scratch X 2.0 comes in a tiny bit smaller tube than 1.o and 2.0 is very different from 1.0.

Scratch x 2.0 is not really as "wet" as 1.0 and it goes on/off easier.

Scratch x 2.0 smells different than 1.0, it almolst actually smells like Megs Quick interiror detailer. 2.0 also removes defects much faster and does not require multiple passes, even the directions do not even mention it but i did 3 passes just to be safe, but everything was gone after 2 passes anywa

Overall it is a big improvement , and i wil post some pictures of the bottle later on:cheers: