PDA

View Full Version : what's ideal in my stash for removing hearty glass water spots?

builthatch
12-27-2008, 11:32 PM
PC

4"/5.5" yellow pads
4"/5.5" orange pads
5.5" white pads
5.5" green pad

optimum poli-seal
optimum polish
optimum compound

what would be the ideal combination w/o inducing any damage/swirls/micro fine scratches?

thanks,

'hatch

D
12-28-2008, 12:06 AM
Try vinegar.

gary26
12-28-2008, 12:41 AM
I agree with Dan, vinegar will work great.

builthatch
01-10-2009, 07:36 PM
vinegar didn't do a thing. i tried a few different techniques with it on a few different windows and none of em showed any progress.

i also tried a green pad and poli-seal with a PC, it didn't seem to do anything either.

any other tried and true suggestions? these water spots on the glass are in the area of the windshield where the wipers don't wipe, and on all of the rest of the windows. the car is less than a year old and very well maintained, finish wise, except these window water spots.

white pad and OP? i just don't want to scratch the glass.

thanks for any help...

Surfer
01-10-2009, 07:47 PM
I've only found one thing to remove stubborn water spots and I've tried a bunch of "water spot" products. #0000 steel wool and klasse AIO. I had water spots from over a few years and baking in the sun, and got rid of about 90% of them, just don't use the steel wool on side view mirrors as it will scratch the reflective coating. Not even a cutting pad and polish budged them.

builthatch
01-10-2009, 07:51 PM
I've only found one thing to remove stubborn water spots and I've tried a bunch of "water spot" products. #0000 steel wool and klasse AIO. I had water spots from over a few years and baking in the sun, and got rid of about 90% of them, just don't use the steel wool on side view mirrors as it will scratch the reflective coating. Not even a cutting pad and polish budged them.

the steel wool didn't scratch the windshield? i wonder if different manufacturer's glass can vary in surface hardness?

thanks for the reply!

anyone else have any suggestions? i searched on this forum and another one and found info about nu glass, but to me if i went that route it seems something i already have should work just as that would, like OP or something.

VISITOR
01-10-2009, 08:49 PM
i used this on some pretty stubborn water spots and it worked well...
http://www.duragloss.com/products/DG_0755.jpg

Emile
01-10-2009, 09:00 PM
1Z Einszett Glas Polish.

wytstang
01-10-2009, 09:04 PM
the steel wool didn't scratch the windshield? i wonder if different manufacturer's glass can vary in surface hardness?

thanks for the reply!

anyone else have any suggestions? i searched on this forum and another one and found info about nu glass, but to me if i went that route it seems something i already have should work just as that would, like OP or something.
#0000 steel wool is super fine and shouldn't scratch it. I work in the glass industries and we use super fine steel wool and foam glass cleaner and it works fine.

D
01-10-2009, 09:32 PM
I dont think any paint polish is going to scratch glass.