PDA

View Full Version : Grit gaurd washer for pads

bimmer75
12-27-2008, 06:04 PM
Was wondering if this is worth the money or can I just soak my pads in a bucket with pad cleaner.I was thinnking of cleaning pads by hand but what brush would I use so i don't ruin pad.I just dont want a peace of dirt sticking to the bad a scratching my paint.Thanks Bill

Chris Thomas
12-27-2008, 08:49 PM
If you do your own vehicle a few times a year, you don't 'need' it. If you are doing several a week, it's a must. A clean pad (not just dirt, but also polish, compound, etc) cuts much better and faster than a used one. This thing speeds makes detailing much faster because I can clean it after every panel in about 30 seconds.

Speed-Dude
12-27-2008, 09:08 PM
so if you do that will it be fine to start polishig right away with a slightly damp pad?

also, will it ruin ccs pads?

Chris Thomas
12-27-2008, 09:12 PM
it doesnt submerge the pad, as you press down, it squirts a bit of water on the pad. Then you lift it and spin it dry enuff to go right to buffing. Should actually make the adhesive that keeps the velcro on last longer by not saturating. No, it will not damage CCS pads.

ScottB
12-27-2008, 09:45 PM
While I dont have one, I was impressed to see it in action at DFIII. I would suggest one for any detailer doing multiple cars or needing same pads during the same day.

Jimmie
12-27-2008, 10:29 PM
While I dont have one, I was impressed to see it in action at DFIII. I would suggest one for any detailer doing multiple cars or needing same pads during the same day.

:whs: it was quite impressive, but nothing wrong doing pads by hand either. I use a brush similar to this one.
Foam Pad Conditioning Brush cleans and reconditions foam and wool pads on the buffer. remove excess caked wax and polish from buffing pads. (http://www.autogeek.net/padtool.html)
Just use a pad cleaner. Clean, rinse, spin dry.

rwisejr
12-28-2008, 07:38 AM
I have and use one and love it.But as stated already that if your only doing your own car its not really a necessity.But for anyone doing multiple cars I would say its a no brainer .