PDA

View Full Version : hard to remove

98bmw323is
08-16-2006, 10:36 PM
The other day was time to buff my friends 1993 trans am. I have poorboys ssr 1,2,2.5,3 a dewalt 849 rotary buffer and yellow orange white and black pads.

so we start off on his fender washing, then clay then start to buff. I begin with a orange pad and ssr2 since his paints it terrible condition. Alittle while with that no results so i change to ssr2.5 still nothing then to a yellow pad and ssr3 which i thought would remove all imperfections. For some reasons this still didnt seem to do anything to remove the scratches. So i got out the 1500 grit wet sand paper and went at a 5x5 inch patch on the fender. after that i used the yellow and ssr3. still nothing. the whole time i was removing compound and sanding in a horizontal motion. there were circurlar scratches so it couldnt have been from removing compound or from the sanding. Im stump'd ?

we did this in the sun if that matters but it says u can use poorboys in the sun. 1800 rpms.

Neothin
08-16-2006, 11:01 PM
and you still aren't through the clear yet? really? 1800 rpms, cutting pad, heavy compound, and THEN wetsanding?! sheesh.

are you sure that you're using that rotary correctly? that combo of products should be able to handle ANYTHING out there. the only thing that would concern me is that pb's is more of a PC polish seeing as it cuts so quickly.

articsilber323
08-16-2006, 11:02 PM
hmmm not sure on that one but are you sure you were letting the polish break down completly

im not sure on the rotary but its like 5 min with a pc

o have any pics of your bimmer

i also have a 98 323is

-z

98bmw323is
08-17-2006, 01:46 PM
yeah ill try again putting more time into it. Im sure im using the buffer correctly but ill try again.

-Ill post some up. right now im replacing the water pump radiator hoses etc. Cooling system overhaul you know the deal

articsilber323
08-18-2006, 12:21 AM
yep i know im saving up right now so i can do that also

gotta fix a ticking time bomb before it goes off