PDA

View Full Version : No Personal Attacks !

Pages : [1] 2 3

ScottB
12-27-2008, 09:28 AM
I was quite disappointed to see all the personal attacks on the forum this holiday season. I dont pretend to know if economic conditions have soured people and their behaviors toward the common man and woman.

What I do know is I have and will make a concerted effort this New Year to respect those around me. While we may differ in opinion and expected outcome, there is always a way to be tolerant and respective versus attacking to make a point or suggest a different line in process.

I hope you all will consider this also, especially with each post on the forum. We have unique personalities from all over the world, and some are hobbist and others are professionals filling in each space between.

May you all have a great New Years .... and the best of 2009 is to come to all. But please remember the simple times, the fun that can be had by all, and some of those rules our parents taught us in respecting our neighbors and sometimes its still best to say nothing if we cannot be nice. I am in ... hope you are all too. Lets have some fun detailing, learn some new processes, and look to the AG shelves for new and exciting products. Love you all !

Meghan
12-27-2008, 09:33 AM
Amen!

rwisejr
12-27-2008, 10:48 AM
Yes AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GMC83
12-27-2008, 11:20 AM
yep

loudog2
12-27-2008, 12:12 PM
:iagree:Yes no more name calling.

Pats300zx
12-27-2008, 12:25 PM
Very well put Scott....Happy Holidays Everyone.

SSTG
12-27-2008, 01:21 PM
Yes I agree. Great post. Respect should be given not earned.By all Pro's and Amateurs alike.

HighEndDetail
12-27-2008, 01:24 PM
Very well put Scott....Happy Holidays Everyone.

Treat others like you would like to be treated....

GMC83
12-27-2008, 02:54 PM
agreed

Chris Thomas
12-27-2008, 03:20 PM
I agree, but why are the rules not enforced? I mean things only get out of hand because those in power fail to act promptly and appropriately. I've ran a few businesses over the years and although the manager isn't usually liked, he is VERY necessary.

ScottB
12-27-2008, 03:40 PM
I agree, but why are the rules not enforced? I mean things only get out of hand because those in power fail to act promptly and appropriately. I've ran a few businesses over the years and although the manager isn't usually liked, he is VERY necessary.

I take some blame in this as once upon a time when the forum first started I did watch/edit/warn on a very black and very white status. I was asked by members (and even mocked on other sites) for not allowing a little more leeway. So we all discussed it and decided to give a little more leeway on the rules in general provided no harm to each other. We listen to our members and try to grow and move in a direction common for the general masses. I am here to manage posts , not babysit nor manage individuals.

I will however note Meghan, myself, and Jason commonly discuss misappropriate posts offline, as well as individuals, and warns are given outside of the spotlight and often only a quick reminder online to be civil. I do however want to make it clear, the bitterness and attacks personally stop now or the only posts these people will make are those other sites.

I hope thats enough said :cheers:

Meghan
12-27-2008, 03:50 PM
I will however note Meghan, myself, and Jason commonly discuss misappropriate posts offline, as well as individuals, and warns are given outside of the spotlight and often only a quick reminder online to be civil. I do however want to make it clear, the bitterness and attacks personally stop now or the only posts these people will make are those other sites.

I hope thats enough said :cheers:

I stand with Scott on this, as far as I am concerned those that choose to post inappropriately will just have their posts deleted. Its a detailing forum and we need to keep it that way. So Scott you delete as you see fit.
And just so you know we have tried to talk to individuals via PM to keep this off the forum but PM's do not seem to be getting the point across.

Chris Thomas
12-27-2008, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the explanation. I realize there's a huge gray area where leeway should be given, I was referring to the blatant and obvious rule breakers. The forum is fun shouldn't be a burden to you guys.

Meghan
12-27-2008, 04:36 PM
I will now start the deleting....:p

GMC83
12-27-2008, 04:47 PM
I will now start the deleting....:p
okay