PDA

View Full Version : My Shopping List...(already compiled just want your .02)

The Jerk McGerk
12-26-2008, 12:44 PM
So just like many other people I received the 7274 from Santa Claus this year. I've done my research and I've compiled the list below to get me going. I already have ONR Soap and plenty of MF towels but other than that is there anything else that you guys would suggest to add/remove or change?

I'm pretty happy with the brands that I have chosen but personal opinions from experience are always welcome. I will be using these products on my '07 Civic Si Sedan.

Dual-Action Hook & Loop Flexible Backing Plate 5"
Menzerna Complete Ceramic 5.5 Inch Polishing Pad Kit
Pinnacle Liquid Souveran™ Car Wax
Dual Action Microfiber Bonnet Kit
5 Gallon Professional Wash Bucket with Grit Guard
The Bone by Cobra
Cobra Guzzler HD Waffle Weave Drying Towel

loudog2
12-26-2008, 12:58 PM
Sounds good to me. The SIP and 106FA are a great combo. Get a gray and blue pad to the collection. Add a quick detailer to maintain the shine all week between washes. I like the crystal mist detailer personally.

What color is your civic? How often will you wax? Liquid souveran is great, lasts a long time. You could try some SSII carnuba. It's great on metalics.

The Jerk McGerk
12-26-2008, 01:02 PM
The Civi is Fiji Blue Pearl -- looks like a royal blule. I can wax as often as needed I'm thinking once every six weeks.

loudog2
12-26-2008, 01:05 PM
How much do you want to spend on wax? SSII(signature series II) and P21S 100% are both great for under $50. I just tried fuzion for the first time. It was on sale for $99. It rocks!!

loudog2
12-26-2008, 01:10 PM
Also a 6 inch lambs wool leveling pad for you bonnets. Put it on your 5 inch backing plate, then slip the bonnet over that.

The Jerk McGerk
12-26-2008, 01:10 PM
Are you asking because you think I should use something other than the Soveran or are you thinking I should add?

loudog2
12-26-2008, 01:14 PM
Liquid souveran is great. Espeacially if you are going a long time between applications. A carnuba paste is just easier IMO. You use a wipe on, wipe off method with no waiting. With the souveran liquid you need to wait for it to haze. Carnuba paste wax gives it a little better shine, but durability is less than the liquid souveran.

The Jerk McGerk
12-26-2008, 01:28 PM
Undersstood. Being that it's winter time here in the northeast for the next 3-4 months I'm going to stick with the synthetics for now because washing/waxing is not always an option in the cold. I do have a garage but its much more of a production without the hose.

Come spring I will switch a carnuba paste to give that extra shine.