PDA

View Full Version : AG rocks! Got my DP sealant sample and...

Pages : [1] 2

emaxxman
08-16-2006, 06:03 PM
I am so impressed by how much of a free sample I got. I had to go back and read the original free giveaway notice. I didn't notice that it was a 12 ounce sample being given away in the original thread.

I know I know I'm a butthead for not noticing...but thanks to AG, I'm a really happy butthead...a 12 ounce sample!!!! That has to be at least 4-5 good applications of the sealant. I was expecting a 2 ounce sample...enough to do one coat.

I may have had a stressful day at work but I'm sure giddy now...:awesome::awesome::awesome:

ScottB
08-16-2006, 06:09 PM
A 12 ounce bottle should garner 12-24 applications in general. Remember with sealants, you want thin light coats.

kellyinkc
08-16-2006, 06:32 PM
HEEHEE Meghan threw in some 2 ounce samples to mine! Got mine Monday.
I got Pinnacle leather conditioner, WG sealant, DP foam wash and Pinnacle shampoo!
Will try out the car wash this weekend and give a review.
Can one ever have enough LSP???

emaxxman
08-16-2006, 06:51 PM
A 12 ounce bottle should garner 12-24 applications in general. Remember with sealants, you want thin light coats.

Really?! Holy smoke!!!! This rocks even more! :righton::awesome::righton::awesome::righton:

I'm on vacation next week so if the nice weather holds up here in NJ, I am going to have a rockin week. Got OCW and EX-P in my order as well. Lot's of stuff to try out...might actually run out of cars to try the stuff on. :D

I'm going to have to go to Home Depot and get some industrial earmuffs to drown out the wife's nagging. ;)

kellyinkc
08-16-2006, 07:10 PM
At least I'm not alone! ;)
She thinks were are nutz!

FloridaNative
08-16-2006, 07:44 PM
I'm going to have to go to Home Depot and get some industrial earmuffs to drown out the wife's nagging. ;)

ROFLMAO!!! I almost choked when I read this! lol :p

emaxxman
08-16-2006, 07:49 PM
In all fairness, she's as understandable as most "not into detailing" spouses could ever be.

Although, I got 2 grit guards today along with a gallon of Optimum No Rinse. It was pretty interesting trying to explain those two products to her.

articsilber323
08-16-2006, 08:33 PM
i also got my sealent yesterday

put it on today and i felt like i didnt use any out of the bottle and thought it would do 50 cars with out running out

when i removed it the flakes on my paint just came to life

i was in love with this sealent

until my brother started messing with my new foam gun on my mums car and got water ALL over my car when i was taking pictures:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::m ad:

o well i geuss ill have to strip it agian and redo

FloridaNative
08-16-2006, 08:51 PM
o well i geuss ill have to strip it agian and redo[/quote]

Did the car get wet before it was time to remove it? If it stayed dry during the wait time for it to cross link then I don't see any reason why you should have to strip and redo it.

ScottB
08-17-2006, 06:39 AM
In all fairness, she's as understandable as most "not into detailing" spouses could ever be.

Although, I got 2 grit guards today along with a gallon of Optimum No Rinse. It was pretty interesting trying to explain those two products to her.

I get detailing supplies ... she gets Doonie and Burke. I thought she was cheating on me with two hunks at first, who is Doonie and who is Burke ??? Purses , who needs a stinking purse anyways?? Im lucky if my socks match my underwear ....I am certainly NOT trying to coordinate my outfit.

Meghan
08-17-2006, 06:45 AM
I get detailing supplies ... she gets Doonie and Burke. I thought she was cheating on me with two hunks at first, who is Doonie and who is Burke ??? Purses , who needs a stinking purse anyways?? Im lucky if my socks match my underwear ....I am certainly NOT trying to coordinate my outfit.
Too cute! Scott she cant complain too much, you do keep her car looking really nice.:D

FloridaNative
08-17-2006, 07:20 AM
Doonie and Burke?? What the??:confused:

dengood1
08-17-2006, 07:38 AM

Man, this thread hits close to home:D I know those "hunks" very well! The purses are my "nag saver".....if she doesn't get a new purse every 6 to a year(even though the other one still looks BRAND new), something is wrong! So when the detailing supplies arrive, I just say "it's something to store in those empty purses;)" She leaves me alone now:p Do you get the "honey, here's something I'd like for my birthday" line? We're about to clean house and have a garage sale in a month or so.

PS. Are your underwear supposed to match your socks?:p

Meghan
08-17-2006, 07:45 AM
PS. Are your underwear supposed to match your socks?:p
This is the first I have heard about this!:confused:

dengood1
08-17-2006, 07:48 AM
This is the first I have heard about this!:confused:

hmmm.....I guess if you're dressing to impress and plan on prancing around in your underwear and socks, then it's quite important:p