PDA

View Full Version : Skid Mounted Pressure Washer

heavenlyv6
12-24-2008, 09:40 AM
Pressure Washer Engine
I am looking at purchasing a skid mounted pressure washer for the back of my pickup truck. After doing alot of research, the cheapest setup I was able to find was this one priced at $1195:

BULLDOG SKID MOUNT PRESSURE WASHER :: PRESSURE WASHERS & WATER TANKS :: AUTO DETAIL SUPPLY OUTLET (http://www.autodetailsupplyoutlet.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16374&cat=262&page=2)

I called to ask about the engine brand, and they said it was a Subaru engine. I have not heard much about this brand. What do you guys think? I also would be purchasing a low profile 60 gallon tank as well. Comments/Suggestions

Thanks

AeroCleanse
12-24-2008, 10:09 AM
Pressure Washer Engine
I am looking at purchasing a skid mounted pressure washer for the back of my pickup truck. After doing alot of research, the cheapest setup I was able to find was this one priced at $1195:

BULLDOG SKID MOUNT PRESSURE WASHER :: PRESSURE WASHERS & WATER TANKS :: AUTO DETAIL SUPPLY OUTLET (http://www.autodetailsupplyoutlet.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16374&cat=262&page=2)

I called to ask about the engine brand, and they said it was a Subaru engine. I have not heard much about this brand. What do you guys think? I also would be purchasing a low profile 60 gallon tank as well. Comments/Suggestions

Thanks

Rightlook.com makes skid mount units as well, if you haven't looked. Not sure what the price is.

heavenlyv6
12-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot about those guys. I will check that out! Thanks

Jimmie
12-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Way too much for a 2400 PSI, IMO. You can buy any pressure washer, modify the frame/handle/wheels; new hose; reel for well under half the cost. I've seen many setups modified to a trailer, pick-up, even one to the trunk of a car.

So.Cal.
12-24-2008, 02:27 PM
Way too much for a 2400 PSI, IMO. You can buy any pressure washer, modify the frame/handle/wheels; new hose; reel for well under half the cost. I've seen many setups modified to a trailer, pick-up, even one to the trunk of a car.
:iagree::whs:

As much as I am not a fan of the big orange store. (having worked for them for 4 years) you can get a 2600psi for around $300.00 with 2 year war. and probably add an extended on it for a few bucks more. I have one of these and really do like it. (FYI I don't use it daily) Main thing I wanted was one with a Honda Engine. Check and change the oil regularly and I have seen these last a long time. If it does die and you need another one in-between repairs. Your still less than half the cost of your skid mounted. I'm sure with some wrench turning you could mount it like you want it.

Just my 2 cents.

heavenlyv6
12-24-2008, 07:21 PM
The Big Orange Store? Is that the detail supply outlet? I basically want a Honda engine, hose, a reel to wind the hose up on, 65 gallon low profile tank, and have it mounted on a frame so it will not move in the back of my truck. I would love to find this complete set up installed for around 1000. I have called around to local stores here in Columbus to get quotes. Plus I am having to watch out for the measurements because this will have to fit under a tonneau cover. Suggestions? Thanks guys so far for the feedback. Obviously I want quality, but being a new detailer I am wanting to watch my startup costs as well.

So.Cal.
12-25-2008, 04:09 AM
The Big Orange store, AKA Home Depot. and no you would have to modify the frame add a reel and still get a tank. Maybe a local RV supply will have a tank that will work. If you don't mind doing some fabricating I am thinking you could get away with it for a lot less than 1000.00

Showroom Shine
12-25-2008, 08:37 AM
:whs: I agree, you can modify it yourself and get out way cheaper. You can build the skid too. Keep asking here,we'll help!

vtec92civic
05-05-2010, 03:56 AM
i know this thread is super old! Years old but im looking for a skid myself and found this thread very useful but then the thread came to a dead end.

Living out in hawaii shipping for a complete skid could be costly so i was thinking of trying to put one together myself since it really is just:

pressure washer, pressure washer hose reel and a water tank mounted on a frame of some sort and a optional generator if you wanted one.

Could any lend a helping hand or pictures or anything? Possibly where i could scoop a water tank and how i could set it all up?

I'm not on here much so if any of you have any info maybe you can e-mail me at: thedetailguyz@yahoo.com

Thanks

sullysdetailing
05-05-2010, 07:34 AM
From $1000 I am getting a lightly used 4x6 trailer with 15'' rims, 100 gallon tank, and a 2400psi honda pressure washer.

If you are mounting it in your truck the tank kits range from $150-300 and hose reel with 50' hose is about $100 and a pressure washer from Home Depot is about $300 so at most you should be paying $800

vtec92civic
05-05-2010, 12:00 PM
From $1000 I am getting a lightly used 4x6 trailer with 15'' rims, 100 gallon tank, and a 2400psi honda pressure washer.

If you are mounting it in your truck the tank kits range from $150-300 and hose reel with 50' hose is about $100 and a pressure washer from Home Depot is about $300 so at most you should be paying $800

yeah i was thinking about the trailer thing but out here in Hawaii finding a used trailer is slim to none.

Figure creating a skid would be the way to go as i could remove it for storage purposes if needed you know. The part i would need to figure out would be the pressure washer thing. I don't want a huge roll around pressure washer. I would rather have it some what close to how they have them on the skids where it's mostly just the bare motor and pump as a standalone unit.

Where do they sell the 50' hose on the reels at?

215Detailing
02-04-2013, 02:42 PM
Geuss most are looking for a similar Pressure washer But see if they carry self priming (Ability to draw water from a barrel or Tank without having to get another pump)
Two companies that I know of the carry self priming units are KARCHER & KRANZLE.
Water Cannon - Skid Mounted (http://www.watercannon.com/p-1307-skid-mount-feature-for-pressure-washers.aspx)
Hope link is acceptable & not in violation of forum rules if so I apologize

215Detailing
02-17-2013, 03:38 PM
HERE IS SOMETHING NEW FROM KARCHER
http://www.karchercommercial.com/ViewCategories.aspx?Pid=1495&frm=PressureWasherQuote