PDA

View Full Version : What can I use on those smalls sand grain chips in glass

turboman808
12-23-2008, 03:35 PM
I got a glass polishing kit and pads to go with my griots polisher and there smaller polisher.

I didn't have many scratches in the windsheild but pits from doing those fun runs with the other exotic cars. They take to the sides of the roads sometimes and spit up all those small particles of sand. This stuff just messes up your windsheild and paint job.

So I thought the polisher would help but it didn't do a dam thing. Works great on scratches and etchings though. Pits it doesn't work.

SO aside from replacing my windsheild on every car I own once a year and way to smooth in or fill those pits?

I ordered a kit to fill in a stone chip. Anything besides that to do these really small pits?

Al-53
12-23-2008, 04:00 PM
glass pits are nearly impossible to remove...I have tried many things and went to a glass shop and he said live with it...scratches are easier than the pits....

Al

oldmodman
12-24-2008, 03:11 AM
A windshield replacement is in order if you can not live with the pits.

The worst scratches that I have had to deal with are wiper blade scratches. To improve those I use a felt bob in a variable speed drill motor and a paste made with water and cerium oxide.
Very effective for light scratches. Just deep enough to catch you fingernail slightly. Anything deeper and even though they are removable it will cause distortions in the glass.