PDA

View Full Version : How long will my wax job last?

dinkydow
08-16-2006, 04:05 PM
I just put down Klasse AIO, then 3 coats of Klasse sealant and then a coat of Souveran wax. The AIO says it would last up to 6 months, The sealant says it will last up to 1 year, and Souveran says it will last up to 3 months. So since I put 3 coats of sealant on does that mean my sealant/wax job will last up to 3 years and 9 months? I am have kidding but how long do you think it will last. I garage my car every night.

Jonboy
08-16-2006, 04:29 PM
The Souveran probably every month, the Klasse every 6 months

Meghan
08-16-2006, 05:03 PM
Souveran will last you one to three months depending on the weather, and if she is garaged (which she is), and simple stuff, like do you live by the ocean, all this plays into durability.
You will be able to tell when the Souveran leaves you, the klasse has a different look then carnauba. But after first time around you will know.

ZaneO
08-16-2006, 05:10 PM
I'd guess for the total combination you're looking at 4-6 months depending on environment and maintenance.

supercharged
08-16-2006, 05:15 PM
for best results reapply a coat of Souveran every month. Klasse should last around 4 months for sure. It all depends on a climate you live in.

BILL
08-16-2006, 05:39 PM
for best results reapply a coat of Souveran every month. Klasse should last around 4 months for sure. It all depends on a climate you live in.

:iagree: this is what i do........sometimes even earlier times if i get the urge which comes on very very strong:awesome:

dinkydow
08-16-2006, 05:40 PM
So whether you put on 1 or 3 coats the Klasse will still only make it 3 or 4 months?

BILL
08-16-2006, 05:47 PM
So whether you put on 1 or 3 coats the Klasse will still only make it 3 or 4 months?

I would say YES....the addiional coats would be to guarantee coverage not necessarily durability.....:)

ZaneO
08-16-2006, 05:59 PM

They will help with durability, but it doesn't make an overly significant difference.

ScottB
08-16-2006, 06:11 PM
I seriously doubt you will outlast the Klasse durability issue. You will likely "want" to detail again prior to it giving out completely. Around six months for the twins when kept up with washing. Souveran as a topper is the issue. Around 4 weeks max, and remember to use the Crystal Mist after each wash to keep the POP alive.

dinkydow
08-16-2006, 06:34 PM
Thank you all for the comments and help!! Has anyone ever put Colonite over the Klasse twins? I have heard it could last up to a year

emaxxman
08-16-2006, 07:23 PM
Thank you all for the comments and help!! Has anyone ever put Colonite over the Klasse twins? I have heard it could last up to a year
I am very skeptical of all of these claims. The big question is, what does someone mean by lasting for x months?

Does it offer significant protection for x months?
Does it still shine and look good for x months?
Does the car have some remnants of the LSP (but offers no real shine or protection) after x months?I would imagine that for most claims, it's #3.

dennish
08-16-2006, 09:40 PM
dinkydow Been a few years since I heard that word...:cheers:

Al-53
08-17-2006, 06:05 AM

Last Nov..I put klasse twins and collinite on my truck for winter coat.

Klasse AIO x1

Klasse SG x2

Collinite 915 x2

and it was very good...it was nice when I went to the wand wash and the road dirt and salt just flew off..

It lasted till June no problem and I believe it would of went longer

Carnauba lasts better in colder weather..seems to stay harder on the paint..due to temps...it beaded even when dirty...

This year I am trying some diferent product ..if it does not work out..you can bet I will return to Klasse Twins and collinite next winter..it is a sure winner..

Hope this helps...

PS...It looked wonderful also....nice deep gloss...

AL

dinkydow
08-17-2006, 06:58 AM
Yes, that is what I was hoping to hear! I live in Northern Minnesota. Winter is long and salt on the roads is a way of life. I wanted something that will not only last the winter but also look good after I wash it.