PDA

View Full Version : Convertible top care

Craig
12-23-2008, 11:22 AM
Been looking at the products for convertibles. My question is, will the cleaners ( Raggtop, 303, ARO ) strip wax?

D
12-23-2008, 02:00 PM
Technically, yes, but you wont be spraying them directly on the paint. You might get some run off, but I wouldnt worry about that. You shouldnt need to use the cleaners that often though. Regular car soap will work fine after the initial cleaning with those products. Vert tops are similar to maintaining wheels. Clean the wheels with your wheel cleaner, than apply your sealant. After that use regular car soap not the wheel cleaner.

Craig
12-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Thats what I was thinking, the run off stripping the wax. Have you used any with good results, and which one?

ScottB
12-23-2008, 07:30 PM
Ragtopp is the number 1 choice for great reason, just need to know if roof is vinyl or fabric for correct kit.

D
12-23-2008, 07:40 PM
Thats what I was thinking, the run off stripping the wax. Have you used any with good results, and which one?

If you're worried about it, go ahead and apply another coat of wax after using it. But like I said, it isn't something you should be using for weekly washes. I like ARO and 303 protectant.