PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Polish Durability?

Emile
12-22-2008, 01:11 PM
Hey,

Wolfgang recommends that you polish the vehicle prior to using the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0. They recommend using the Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer which "infuses the paint with nourishing oils" to fill in scratches and swirls. And then you are supposed to apply the DGPS. But how long do the polish's fillers last? Do they last for the 4-6 months that the DGPS lasts? If not, won't the DGPS wear away when the polish fillers wear away? You know, based on the usual "a chain is only as strong as its weakest link" theory.

Thanks,
Emile

Waxmax
12-22-2008, 01:30 PM
First off, I have never seen anything that does much filling...some polish/glazes may help some. I have used WGPE and applied WG Sealant 3.0 over it. My experience is the sealant does help protect whatever filling you get, but of course, new swirls will appear in the sealant eventually.

As far as how long the sealant will protect the fillers....hard to say....every situation is different. JMO.

Rsurfer
12-22-2008, 02:06 PM
If you polish correctly you won't have to worry about hiding swrils. Just do an IPA wipe down, inspect, correct if necessary and seal or wax or both.

ScottB
12-22-2008, 05:29 PM
I get about six to eight weeks when using them together. As offered a paint cleanser product (with or without fillers) is not necessarily needed unless you are not polishing with buffer specifically.

Emile
12-22-2008, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the responses, gents. I don't actually care much for filling in the swirls and stuff, I just figured that the Wolf Polish Enhancer with the Wolf DGPS would achieve the true look of the sealant.

Perhaps a Klasse AIO/Wolf DGPS would work just fine as well. I'm only curious because I've had my eye on the DGPS for a WHILE - it's about time I pull the trigger.

Waxmax
12-23-2008, 10:28 AM
AIO topped with WG Sealant works great too. WGS 3.0 and
4* UPP are a couple of my favorite sealants.

Don't forget WG Spray Sealant...it can be used stand alone or to boost carnaubas (it's recommended with Fuzion).

IMO, sometimes there is a point of no return when trying to remove swirls....thin clearcoat or just too stubborn and of course on a daily driver you can go crazy trying to deal with them. Life's too short...lol. As I mentioned previously I really have not found a filling glaze that works very well. I've tried about 5 (Meg.#7, Omega, BHG, WGPE, Amigo). Maybe I expect too mch.

Emile
12-23-2008, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the input Waxmax. When spring rolls around and it's time to re-wax, I'll break out the SSR 2.5 and orange pad if I have any scratch/swirl problems. Fortunately, my Dark Gray Metallic Subaru hides those scratches extremely well so I don't think I will have any problems.

Emile
12-24-2008, 03:43 PM
Wolfgang DGPS is only $24 for the 16oz bottle. I am pulling the trigger now.

gary26
12-24-2008, 03:53 PM
You wont regret Wolfgang for looks and durability.