PDA

View Full Version : I am going Wax Insane

Pages : [1] 2 3

So.Cal.
12-20-2008, 03:32 PM
I am at my wits end. I have been reading and reading on all the waxes and can't seem to make up my mind.

So Here I ask the All knowing, All wise AutoGeek family to Grace me with your insight.
Which wax / Seal products have worked well for you?
Which Wax to lay down first? Or last....

So many choices....

I have a 06 Sequoia that is the blue/gray metallic
and an older 72 Chevy that has been repainted black.
And it could be 4-6 months between waxings…

so I am thinking

Souveran paste,
Fuzion
or
Dodo juice.... supernatural? .... Blue velvet ... purple haze...

I am trying to get my order in to take advantage of the 15% off.

Thanks!

txscbr600
12-20-2008, 04:24 PM
I guess its personal preference. But i know that you will like the souvern on the black for sure. But you arent going to get the 6 months out of it. You may look into a sealant instead or conjunction with a good wax. I have used optimum poli seal and wolfgang sealant and happy with the results of both. Have heard good things about the collonite 476 as far as durability have a can on the way that i am going to use on a friends car that i know she is not going to wax every couple months.

So.Cal.
12-20-2008, 05:00 PM
yeah I have read up on length of time Souvern will last. And I might be able to wax more often. It's hard with work, kids and a honey do list. That's why I wanted to seal it with 4 star or opti-seal I guess before I wax.

Thanks for your thoughts!

akimel
12-20-2008, 05:15 PM
If you want four to six months durability, then you should be thinking synthetic sealant. Consider the Duragloss products--specifically, this combination: 601+105 (2x) or 501+601+105. 501 is formulated for boats, but a number of folks also use it on their cars. It is reputed to deliver excellent paint cleansing action and to provide a good foundation for 601+105.

Surfer
12-20-2008, 06:56 PM
Duragloss 105 rocks

I've always loved my Poorboys Natty Blue wax, hard to beat for the $.

Showroom Shine
12-20-2008, 07:31 PM
I'm sure you will like the Souveran Paste, which I prefere best. Also the Souveran Liquid with polcharge. For sealant I have stucked with the Wolfgang. It was a free gift from AG. I also have some DoDo Juice wax that I have not used yet!

Emile
12-20-2008, 10:27 PM
Because the Sequoia is such a big vehicle, I'd apply a coat of Duragloss #105 or any other long-lasting sealant so you'd have to wax/polish it as infrequently as possible.

As for the older Chevy, I would go with a sealant and then apply a beauty wax on top of that. Then apply a new coat of the beauty wax every 2 or 3 months. Actually, Pinnacle Liquid Souveran is a nice value and is polycharged so it will provide a good 3-4 months of protection on top of your sealant.

ScottB
12-20-2008, 10:56 PM
Sealants --- Four Star UPP (its a hidden gem for all colors)

waxes --- Sig Series II Kit from Pinnacle (paste wax at a great price)

killrflake
12-21-2008, 12:26 AM
I prefer the Wolfgang Sealent followed by Souveran paste. But there are so many good choices here at Autogeek, it's hard to make a bad decision.

supercharged
12-21-2008, 01:20 AM
I am at my wits end. I have been reading and reading on all the waxes and can't seem to make up my mind.

So Here I ask the All knowing, All wise AutoGeek family to Grace me with your insight.
Which wax / Seal products have worked well for you?
Which Wax to lay down first? Or last....

So many choices....

I have a 06 Sequoia that is the blue/gray metallic
and an older 72 Chevy that has been repainted black.
And it could be 4-6 months between waxings…

so I am thinking

Souveran paste,
Fuzion
or
Dodo juice.... supernatural? .... Blue velvet ... purple haze...

I am trying to get my order in to take advantage of the 15% off.

Thanks!
Dude, just get a pack of straight eight from Dodo Juice, add Supernatural in there too...

So.Cal.
12-21-2008, 01:36 PM
Thank you all for your input, you all gave me options I hadn't looked at or thought of. After a lot more reading, thinking and babbling to myself I went with 4 star up, Fuzion and a tub of Dodo to give a try. From what i have heard it smells so yummy I will have something to snack on while I wait for the Fuzion to dry.

Thanks again.

Surfer
12-21-2008, 05:02 PM
Thank you all for your input, you all gave me options I hadn't looked at or thought of. After a lot more reading, thinking and babbling to myself I went with 4 star up, Fuzion and a tub of Dodo to give a try. From what i have heard it smells so yummy I will have something to snack on while I wait for the Fuzion to dry.

Thanks again.:cheers:

D
12-21-2008, 08:40 PM
LSP's do very little for the final look of the paint. 90% of it is in the polishing process. So just make sure you got that part down first, than you can spend money on the fancy waxes.

TheTick
12-21-2008, 09:19 PM
I was in the same position a few months ago and spent weeks and weeks reading here and autopia. Collinite 476 seemed to come up the most often for durability. Some people say that other waxes look better but there are no arguments that it is incredibly durable. It also beads water like nothing else.

TheTick
12-22-2008, 12:35 AM
I'm posting results of my collinite durability here

Which sealant lasts the longest? - G35Driver (http://g35driver.com/forums/care-detailing/251650-sealant-lasts-longest.html)

It's only been about a month so far.