PDA

View Full Version : Aquapel Now at Autogeek

Pages : [1] 2

ScottB
12-20-2008, 08:28 AM
Aquapel Glass Treatment (http://www.autogeek.net/rain-repellent.html)

This is exciting news , no more need to use a spray wax or quick detailer on your glass to help bead the water. This product is often offered when talking about glass and for good reason. It is more of a coating and outpaces just about every glass protection product known. Application is quite easy due to its design and an average car will need two for all windows, or one for the front glass alone. Its amazing to drive without the need for wipers.

wytstang
12-20-2008, 04:51 PM
It's about time and I for one welcome the new addition. Both my cars have them and love watching the rain hit the glass and then fly right off just as fast. With AG price match we win :D

ss-truck
12-20-2008, 07:00 PM
Great news , with all the rain we have here it will be a welcome addition to my arsenal . But where to store it , in the cabinet or detail bag ???????

OGauge4Me
01-09-2009, 08:07 AM
Anyone know how many windshields can be treated with one unit?

nitro78
01-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Aquapel Glass Treatment (http://www.autogeek.net/rain-repellent.html)

Application is quite easy due to its design and an average car will need two for all windows, or one for the front glass alone. Its amazing to drive without the need for wipers.

OGauge4Me
01-09-2009, 08:39 PM
DOAH Sometimes I look but do not see. :D

Jimmie
01-09-2009, 09:55 PM
Could have used it today. Thanks for the heads up.

conan777
01-10-2009, 12:02 AM
Yeah I was very excited to see this offered on AG until I saw the price tag. $10 per application. Sorry but that's insane. Look around and you can find it much cheaper if you buy in bulk. I tried the price match before and well lets just say it was the first time ever that I was sorely disappointed with AG's customer service. They came at me with every excuse not to price match what I was shopping for. Maybe they have to advertise that price? I do not know? Anyone get it cheaper from AG on a price match?

ScottB
01-10-2009, 08:39 AM
I am sorry to hear of the issue on pricing but suspect it has to do with matching bulk versus one or two applications. I see this price as rather competitive to local stores selling the same product at 9.95. I can get a box of 24-50 on Ebay but in truth would never use them all before it wore out or dried out. Also how old is their product, likely old stock sold at discount from unauthorized vendor.

I have the product on both cars since introduction and still beading and protecting. While I never liked rain products specifically, this one sure seems to meet its advertisement.

OGauge4Me
01-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Before you applied to your windsheild what did you do to your windsheild.

I plan on using a PC with a 4" pad and some Zaino Z12 that I have.

ScottB
01-10-2009, 04:53 PM
I used DP Glass Restorer first, washed truck and car as usual, and then applied. If you follow directions for application its easier than the typical gels also.

1. Crack applicator between fingers, and then wipe glass.
2. Grab wife (I added that) and have here buff product with paper towel which seems to remove excess and allow to cure to a haze.
3. Final wipe with another papertowel to remove haze.

So far I havent noticed that white haze when using the wipers also, which was my main complaint when using RainX type products. It almost seem like something was on glass and schmering.

wytstang
01-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Yeah I was very excited to see this offered on AG until I saw the price tag. $10 per application. Sorry but that's insane. Look around and you can find it much cheaper if you buy in bulk. I tried the price match before and well lets just say it was the first time ever that I was sorely disappointed with AG's customer service. They came at me with every excuse not to price match what I was shopping for. Maybe they have to advertise that price? I do not know? Anyone get it cheaper from AG on a price match?
I can only assume their price match is for individual packs not 4 or 6 packs. Tire Rack sells them for $7.95 individual packs so they should honer that price. But their policy also says

* Price matching is at the discretion of Autogeek.net and is subject to change at any time.
and

Sorry, we are unable to match Amazon, Ebay or other auction sites, closeouts or clearance items.
So if they can't match it or won't hit up ebay and the like.

Dwayne
01-12-2009, 09:31 AM

Hi Conan,

Please give me a call to discuss your experience. We take pride in offering the best customer service and I'd be happy to speak with you.

1-800-869-3011 ext 212

Take care,

Dwayne

conan777
01-12-2009, 11:25 AM
I'll give you a call dwayne but I already ordered my products. It wasn't the Aquapel that I had the prob with per se. I don't have an issue with AG's customer service in general it's been great until I tried price matching a few products when they were on sale at a competitors site. As far as the Aquapel maybe if you could offer bulk orders at a discounted price that would make alot of people happy?? I detail for $$ so I can easily go through 10 applications in a month or more?? But at $10ea it's just too much for me. Just my 2 cents of rant. Don't take me too seriously! haha!

Dwayne
01-12-2009, 02:32 PM
I'll give you a call dwayne but I already ordered my products. It wasn't the Aquapel that I had the prob with per se. I don't have an issue with AG's customer service in general it's been great until I tried price matching a few products when they were on sale at a competitors site. As far as the Aquapel maybe if you could offer bulk orders at a discounted price that would make alot of people happy?? I detail for $$ so I can easily go through 10 applications in a month or more?? But at $10ea it's just too much for me. Just my 2 cents of rant. Don't take me too seriously! haha!

Thanks for calling today. It was a pleasure talking to you. :cheers: