PDA

View Full Version : more opinons needed

StephenK
08-16-2006, 12:46 AM
how well does the DP glass product and compounds work? windows have heavy smoke on them. i have tried STONERS but it smears. also need a real good working deodorizer.

FloridaNative
08-16-2006, 06:19 AM
They work really well. The Krystal Vision makes the windows crystal clear for regular cleaning and the glass restorer deep cleans the glass and makes it look invisible. It works really well and you can apply it with a PC, the only catch is that it is for exterior glass. The only way that you could safely apply the glass restorer to the interior is if it had no tint or any other films on the window.

When you say "smoke" are you meaning that the owner smoked in their vehicle and you have tar built up on the inside? Or do you mean that the windows have a smokey appearance to them?

Excessive Detail
08-16-2006, 11:48 AM
I've tried other window polishs without much sucess, so I ordered some dp gr and some spot buff pad and let me tell you, that stuff is amazing, I used the gr with an yellow pad on a corded drill on a friends car and got 99% of all the water spots out. Buy it its well worth it.

ScottB
08-16-2006, 06:19 PM
you might wanna try the Sprayway Glass Cleaner. Not any better than Stoners necessarily, but has a nice lavendar scent. Find it might help with your second request. I would HIGHLY suggest using a Waffle Weave Glass towel as it works rather well at removing grime from glass quickly and just might reduce the streaking.

StephenK
08-17-2006, 10:13 AM
tar build up from cigarettes. was does gr stand for? still getting use to the short hand you all use on here

FloridaNative
08-17-2006, 10:18 AM
tar build up from cigarettes. was does gr stand for? still getting use to the short hand you all use on here

hehehehe I know what you mean.:) Glass Restorer. Here this may help you out. :)
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1159&highlight=abbreviations

StephenK
08-17-2006, 10:26 AM
she has no tint on the windows. i just need to get all the smoke build up off. how about deordorizer?

99 hardtop
08-24-2006, 02:41 PM
she has no tint on the windows. i just need to get all the smoke build up off. how about deordorizer?

Have used amonia and water and in some cases full strength amonia and then follow with a mixture of water, amonia and rubbing alcohol. After a few times using this method, I follow with stoners invisible glass. Always works for me. Use a good carpet cleaner to remove the smoke order and if possible leave windows and doors open on a cool but sunny day to completely air out the vehicle. Good luck. Just my $.02. :cheers: