PDA

View Full Version : DP 4in1/ONR used as waterless wash?

Emile
12-19-2008, 03:57 PM
Hi,

I have been reading the descriptions of Optimum No-Rinse and DP 4-in-1, and both of them say they can be dilluted to be used as a quick detailer or mixed in a bucket of water for a rinseless wash.

But can any of these products be dilluted to be used as a waterless wash?

I think it would be pretty economical for me if I can get a gallon of stuff that can be used as a rinseless wash, a clay lube, a quick detailer, and a waterless wash based on how I dillute it.

Thanks,
Emile

Driven Auto Detail
12-19-2008, 07:34 PM
1 - ONR has a proven track record for being a fantastic product.
2 - ONR is cheaper than DP (comparing gallon prices).
3 - ONR is more concentrated, which makes it even cheaper. DP uses 1oz. per gallon for washing compared to ONR's 1oz. per 2 gallons.

There's nothing wrong with the DP product, but ONR has proven itself and it's cheaper.

I've not used either as a waterless wash, but I know ONR works great as a wash, a clay lube, and as a quick detailer.

Rsurfer
12-19-2008, 09:02 PM
3 - ONR is more concentrated, which makes it even cheaper. DP uses 1oz. per gallon for washing compared to ONR's 1oz. per 2 gallons.

There's nothing wrong with the DP product, but ONR has proven itself and it's cheaper.

I've not used either as a waterless wash, but I know ONR works great as a wash, a clay lube, and as a quick detailer.
Good answer

supercharged
12-20-2008, 05:48 AM

:whs::goodpost: I have both, like DP better for the smell only, but not for the the buck.

Bunky
12-20-2008, 06:44 AM
Isn't PB's Spray and Wash a true waterless wash?

CharlesW
12-20-2008, 07:09 AM
As to the original question, I don't think it is all that simple.
DP does make a waterless wash and if the 4 in 1 would serve the same purpose, it doesn't seem like they would have the 2 different products.

As for the slightly off the subject preference for ONR or 4 in 1, I have both and as far as performance and results, don't really see any difference. I use both only as rinseless washes so I have no idea how they work for any other use. If you use the ONR at the recommended ratio, it is definitely less money per use.
Interestingly, I read a lot of posts where people use it at the same 1 oz. per gallon mix as the 4 in 1.

And yes, Poorboy's Spray & Wipe is a waterless wash, and a good one. It is one of my most used products.

heatgain
12-20-2008, 12:37 PM
So, no one knows if either can be used as a waterless wash? I was wondering that myself since I saw DP offers a waterless wash.

Driven Auto Detail
12-20-2008, 12:54 PM
I'd recommend jumping on the Optimum forum and asking Dr. G, the founder of Optimum.

Optimum Forum (Powered by Invision Power Board) (http://www.optimumforums.org/)

Emile
12-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the posts guys. I got frisky last night and spent my $100 gift card and ordered the ONR along with some other items. I guess I will find out for myself.

Btw, I don't find Poorboy's S&W to be an adequate waterless wash. I know it is a true waterless wash but the cleaning power is only slightly better than a quick detailer, if that.

CharlesW
12-20-2008, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the posts guys. I got frisky last night and spent my $100 gift card and ordered the ONR along with some other items. I guess I will find out for myself.

Btw, I don't find Poorboy's S&W to be an adequate waterless wash. I know it is a true waterless wash but the cleaning power is only slightly better than a quick detailer, if that.
That surprises me.
If it doesn't clean, maybe you aren't using it correctly.
Check this out.
How to use Poorboy's Spray and Wipe (http://paintcare-n-detailing.com/gal_snw.html)

Just as a test, I have used it on a vehicle that was much dirtier than the one in these pictures with the same results.

Emile
12-21-2008, 01:55 AM
I didn't say that it doesn't clean. I just said that the cleaning power is very limited; really only slightly better than a quick detailer. I like DP Waterless Wash a whole lot better.