PDA

View Full Version : Dust removal

GMC83
12-16-2008, 05:08 PM
i use Meguiars Ultimate quick detailer on my truck every day, how mant times a day do you quick detail , and if so why do u use the products u use

ScottB
12-16-2008, 07:27 PM
only quick detail very light dust or an occasional birdie doo-doo, otherwise you likely can add swirls and scratches from the contaminents and sand that land on paint. I like Mothers Showtime for a true quick detailer, now several like Optimum, Crystal Mist, Z7 add additional gloss/reflection to paint and more of a detail spray or qder+

Chris Thomas
12-16-2008, 07:29 PM
Wow, I like when new people come in with so much enthusiasm that they mucho posto. Kinda neat to watch 'em flourish over the months.

budman3
12-16-2008, 07:43 PM
Poorboy's spray and Wipe will be your friend if you want to maintain a clean and swirl free finish without washing. A QD, even UQD, doesn't provide ample lubricity and chances are you are doing more harm than good trying to keep your finish clear of dust and dirt.

elk42
12-16-2008, 08:11 PM
i use my calif. duster if its light then UQD. I wont QD unless its very light in the dirt and dust dept. I know my car has swirls but since its titanium gray, it doesnt show up as much.

GMC83
12-16-2008, 08:40 PM
i think if use use a high lubricity spray detailer such as Meguiars UQD and good microfiber towels and extremly light dust is on the finish you have a slim chance of scratching the finish,

P.S im new here on autogeek.net but have been using meguiars products for years just tryin to expand the horizon

thanks guys for your participation

Rsurfer
12-16-2008, 09:38 PM
As far as lubricant goes, you cant beat ONR for a QD. Mix 6 ozs to a gallon of water and you have a cheap QD. It will also leave some protection.

loudog2
12-16-2008, 09:46 PM
To me megs UQD wasn't that thick and lubricating. I have had better results with crystal mist, chem guys synthetic QD and ONR mix. I heard FK452 is good, but it's cleaning abiltity is rated low.

Emile
12-16-2008, 09:53 PM
I never randomly do a quick detail, unless bird poop has landed on my vehicle and I am not going to wash it any time soon.

I like using Meguiar's QD and Meguiar's UQD to refresh the shine of my vehicle after a nice wash.

GMC83
12-16-2008, 09:57 PM
well, i beleive if you wash your car on monday, park it in the garage after washing it and then u have dust tuesday morning, its okay to do a quick wipedown with good MF's and good lubrication/detailer.

GMC83
12-16-2008, 10:06 PM
Wow, I like when new people come in with so much enthusiasm that they mucho posto. Kinda neat to watch 'em flourish over the months.
thanks, i have a good knowledge of proper detailing and surface care but not enough to some guy's knowledge, thats why i joiined this forum for additional support

Chris Thomas
12-16-2008, 10:54 PM
thanks, i have a good knowledge of proper detailing and surface care but not enough to some guy's knowledge, thats why i joiined this forum for additional support

:welcome: You may also be interested in the Meg's forum: Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums)