PDA

View Full Version : swirls in paint

bimmer75
12-15-2008, 01:30 AM
I am new to detailing and had a question.I purchased the wolf gang wax package and was wonder since my car only has one swirl mark on the hood do I just use the swirl remover on that spot or do you use the swirl remover on whole car and go to the next step.The package I bought seems like it is a 5 step system.Thank you Bill

lgtspecb
12-15-2008, 02:10 AM
If you only see one scratch and you have never detailed it before, then it is probably a deeper scratch than just a single swirl. Swirls are a collection of micro-marring in the clearcoat and it would be hard to spot just one.

You can apply the swirl remover by machine or hand to a single panel, you do not have to do the entire car. For spot detailing a single small scratch I prefer the Megauirs Scratch-X which is available from AG or over the counter in most stores.

bimmer75
12-16-2008, 01:34 PM
It.s a new car 2 month old bmw I wash weekly and apply qd every 2 to 3 days.I take all precations and wash the car how you guys say to wash it.All my towels are also microfiber

vinnier6
12-16-2008, 05:55 PM
most people will tell you that new cars come straight from the dealership with swirl marks installed free of charge....the porters that wash the cars are soo careless and dont care because most buyers dont care either....

every new car i buy gets clayed, machine polished, then sealant applied....

GMC83
12-16-2008, 09:10 PM
exactly, they wouldnt know proper auto care if their life depended on it