PDA

View Full Version : What pad for WG FG 3.0 or Nano

94LT1
12-14-2008, 10:29 AM
So i see alot of people like to use a gray CCS pad with finishing polishes.My question is will you get any correction out of a gray pad??Cause im thinking i may just use a gray pad with FG3.0 on my customer cars if its going to shine up really nice and have some correction or would a green pad be a better selection??What i want is some correction but still finish up nicely.

loudog2
12-14-2008, 12:04 PM
If some correction is needed, I would go with the "autogeek" LC green pad. Both the FG and the 106FA are basically the same. If a little more cut is needed try the power finish 203. Finishes up like the nano, but with a little more bite.

94LT1
12-14-2008, 12:08 PM
If some correction is needed, I would go with the "autogeek" LC green pad. Both the FG and the 106FA are basically the same. If a little more cut is needed try the power finish 203. Finishes up like the nano, but with a little more bite.
ya i no there basically the same.i just wanted a little correction and a nice finish

loudog2
12-14-2008, 12:22 PM
Go with the "autogeek" green LC. The gray would work with ultra fine swirls, but green would do a better job with anything more.

94LT1
12-14-2008, 12:32 PM
Go with the "autogeek" green LC. The gray would work with ultra fine swirls, but green would do a better job with anything more.
Ya i have 5.5"LC CCS orange,white,green,gray and blue pads

loudog2
12-14-2008, 12:48 PM
Ya i have 5.5"LC CCS orange,white,green,gray and blue pads
Test the gray pad out. See how it does. The white would work fine with the FG or nano by itself. If it's a black car you could always follow the white with the gray.

Bunky
12-14-2008, 08:30 PM
I got very little correction with WG FG and a gray pad. It will clean up marring and very light stuff, etc. but not really reduce a lot of swirls.

wytstang
12-14-2008, 08:41 PM
I just finished playing with my new Flex today and used nano and a white flat pad to remove pretty light swirls around the door handles of the Fuzion. Did a pretty good job, all though it didn't remove all the water etching around the rear bumper. Made them light but couldn't remove them with one pass. I don't think a black/grey pad will be able to give nano or WG the cut it needs to remove moderate swirls via PC.

94LT1
12-14-2008, 08:42 PM
I got very little correction with WG FG and a gray pad. It will clean up marring and very light stuff, etc. but not really reduce a lot of swirls.
The main thing is i want it to finish up nicely but a little correction could be a bonus.

ASPHALT ROCKET
12-14-2008, 08:50 PM
You are going to have to do a two step process. Use a white pad then finish with a blue pad.

94LT1
12-14-2008, 08:54 PM
You are going to have to do a two step process. Use a white pad then finish with a blue pad.
thats what i was trying to avoid...working with the pc takes awhile.id like to get a flex but i got alot of 5.5"pads for my pc and its still running strong so i cant justify paying the $289 for it on my part time wage while i still go to college and have a car payment.lol.i wanted to use the finishing polish to clean up the paint to make it look great but if i could get some correction id be happy but if not.im just going to use a gray pad with it.

ASPHALT ROCKET
12-14-2008, 09:02 PM
I hear what you are saying but you have the pads so why don't you just bite the bullet and get the results you want and do atleast a two step process. You have to understand that 'detailing' or 'polishing' a vehicle actually takes time and it seems alot of people fail to see this. There is no one quick step to achieve what you are looking for, whats a little extra time to get what you really want instead of settling for some less.

94LT1
12-14-2008, 10:13 PM
I hear what you are saying but you have the pads so why don't you just bite the bullet and get the results you want and do atleast a two step process. You have to understand that 'detailing' or 'polishing' a vehicle actually takes time and it seems alot of people fail to see this. There is no one quick step to achieve what you are looking for, whats a little extra time to get what you really want instead of settling for some less.
ya i used WG TSR 3.0 and it took me 3 hours alone just to go around my subaru with it.I was soo worn out i didnt use FG 3.0.i just went on with 845 then the next day put on SSII.I had 2 more hours in it earlier washing and claying the car.So 5 hours in it before LSP and 6 including both LSP steps.I couldnt work on it 5-6 straight hours so id do a step and get some stuff done then do another step and get some more stuff done.Im half tempted to order some Power Finish and try it with a white pad.Iv used a SR and FP before so i realize the results that can be had with it but im more worried about removing oxidation and bringing the clearity back to the paint rather then spending time removing all the swirls because it becomes very frustrating because i have to go back over it sometimes 3-4 times.Also im not sure how much polishing capabilities a white pad has.

ASPHALT ROCKET
12-14-2008, 10:23 PM
Just a hint, if you look at the real good detailers, there usually is atleast a 3 step process if not more. While removing the oxidation you will be removing the swirls, plus if you want clarity as you mentioned than that means the swirls must be removed. Doing detailing correctly is not easy, it is not a one step process, unless the vehicle has been previously polished and taken care of. There are numerous steps to achieve the best results and if you look around other sites you will see what I am talking about. When I do a detail there probably is no less than 20 hours involved in just paint correction. Plus if you spend the time once and keep it up after that, then there wil be no need to do time consuming paint correction later on.