PDA

View Full Version : Take a peek at our new web site.

Pages : [1] 2

Anthony Orosco
12-14-2008, 12:47 AM
While I still hold Ultimate Reflections I now also have Concours Auto Salon which is our shop name.

Please give my new site a look at and let me know your thoughts.

I still have some spell checking/grammar things to handle, I also need to load up some more pictures and am now working on my opening flash page.

Texas Concours Auto Salon Paintless Dent Repair San Antonio 3M clear bra Auto Detailing Optimum (http://www.concoursautosalon.com)

Thank you,
Anthony

rousher99
12-14-2008, 12:52 AM
nicely done my friend A+

SSTG
12-14-2008, 01:05 AM
Nice.Great Bible verse by the way.

David Fermani
12-14-2008, 08:19 AM
Nice site Anthony!

Smokin
12-14-2008, 08:21 AM
Looks awesome .:righton:

Bradshaw
12-14-2008, 08:41 AM
I see no before photos and many afters. People will not grasp the totality of the detail unless they can see both. Red font thru the pages is hard on the eye, I would change to green, easy on the eye. Testimonials are very important, it needs work, I see none. I see no Guarantee of Work, important to most consumers who have not done business with you.

RTexasF
12-14-2008, 08:43 AM
Great location area you have chosen......my old stomping grounds when I lived in S.A. I wish you continued success.

Anthony Orosco
12-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Hey everyone, thank you very much for the positive feedback:D

I see no before photos and many afters. People will not grasp the totality of the detail unless they can see both. Red font thru the pages is hard on the eye, I would change to green, easy on the eye. Testimonials are very important, it needs work, I see none. I see no Guarantee of Work, important to most consumers who have not done business with you.

Thank you also for taking the time to post your thoughts. As noted in my first post I have more pictures to upload (a series of before and afters) and a few things are still under construction.

In regards to a guarantee....about 90% of my work is by word of mouth and not from my website. Come to think of it I don't believe I have ever had a guarantee on any thing promoting my business.....not sure why but never have.

I'll have some updated stuff later today, thanks again.

Anthony

Anthony Orosco
12-14-2008, 02:13 PM
Well I just finished my "before and after" page so if possible please check that out and give me some feedback.

I did change the red font to green as suggested and it does look nicer, thanks for that.

Take care,
Anthony

flyfishindawg
12-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Great site for a great detailing operation. Best wishes for a Merry Christmas and prosperous New Year!

lgtspecb
12-14-2008, 05:23 PM
Did you test the site in anything but IE? Someone that does such good work at detailing such as yourself really needs a good website that works in all the browsers.

Anthony Orosco
12-14-2008, 06:42 PM
Did you test the site in anything but IE? Someone that does such good work at detailing such as yourself really needs a good website that works in all the browsers.

Are you speaking of the broken looking spaces within the page? If so that's part of the page design.

I built the site in Firefox and that's exactly how it looks in IE also. I have not tried Opera

Thanks for the input though.

Anthony

Showroom Shine
12-15-2008, 06:51 AM
Very well put together! Like the verse too!

gewb
12-15-2008, 08:23 AM
...and am now working on my opening flash page.

Hello Antony -

Why a Flash page? Is is NO other means to convey your message except with Flash?

Flash is proprietary and one of the most insecure program on the Internet - in fact it is not permitted in some offices because of security risks (including my office). It also makes it more difficult for search engines to catalog your site (not what you want).

If you can't use a safer open source method for video, be sure to have a non-Flash version of your message. Never use Flash for navigation.

Regards,
GEWB
(a long time beta tester of Adobe products)

Anthony Orosco
12-15-2008, 09:23 AM
Hello Antony -

Why a Flash page? Is is NO other means to convey your message except with Flash?

Flash is proprietary and one of the most insecure program on the Internet - in fact it is not permitted in some offices because of security risks (including my office). It also makes it more difficult for search engines to catalog your site (not what you want).

If you can't use a safer open source method for video, be sure to have a non-Flash version of your message. Never use Flash for navigation.

Regards,
GEWB
(a long time beta tester of Adobe products)

Now that's the type of information I was seeking! Thank you very much.

Not being that schooled in things "internet" I always liked the Flash look and my idea was to have an opening video of us doing some polishing, steaming, dent removal etc with some background music. In my mind it looked cool but now after your advice I will re-think that thought.

Any other ideas to do what I want to do but without Flash?

Thanks again,
Anthony