PDA

View Full Version : ONR and undercarriage/wheel wells

shawndover
12-13-2008, 06:29 PM
I've been reading about all the benefits of ONR, and I plan to make it part of my detailing routine. ONR seems especially convenient for me because I live in an apartment building and have no access to a hose.

But what about the undercarriage? I'm wondering how important it is to wash under there with a hose (particularly in the winter in Washington, DC, where I live), and whether I'll have to go to a detailer for that. (There don't seem to be any self-serve wash bays around here.) I'm also wondering if I should use ONR to try to clean the wheel wells.

Thanks for any advice.

Bunky
12-13-2008, 06:35 PM
I like ONR for the paint but less so for tires. I end up spraying the tires with a diliuted APC using the residue ONR solution as the last step. I always end up washing wheels with a MF instead of a brush to break up the brake and road stuff that collects.

dublifecrisis
12-13-2008, 08:54 PM
ONR is great for apartment living but yes you have a point with the winter roads.If you have a drive through wash bay somewhere, just hit up the undercarriage with a high pressure spray every so often. Otherwise do ONR washes.

Blade
12-14-2008, 01:10 AM
After washing the bodywork, I've been washing with the left-over ONR on wheels, tires and wheelwells, using standard MF towels for the wheels, and brushes for the wheelwells. Works well. For the tires, I try to alternate towels and stiff brushes each wash.

shawndover
12-14-2008, 06:42 AM
Do you try to dry inside the wheel wells, or just scrub with a brush and some ONR? And what about the rest of the undercarriage?

After washing the bodywork, I've been washing with the left-over ONR on wheels, tires and wheelwells, using standard MF towels for the wheels, and brushes for the wheelwells. Works well. For the tires, I try to alternate towels and stiff brushes each wash.