PDA

View Full Version : Stoners More Shine Tire Spray

94LT1
12-13-2008, 09:20 AM
Whats everyones opinion on this stuff?iv been eyeing it up to replace my megiuars hot shine.

Wendell Jarvis
12-13-2008, 09:35 AM
Whats everyones opinion on this stuff?iv been eyeing it up to replace my megiuars hot shine.

I am a big fan of Meguiars products and have used the Hot Shine twice ( didn't like it) but about a week ago I was in a local store O'Riely's and they had the Stoners More Shine on sale and out of curiosity I bought it, I used it on one of my personal cars ( I always do that before I use it on a customers car) but my car Accord has been in my garage for about a week, but I tell you, it looks really good, not a super overkill of shine , but just the right amount of shine, about durability? not sure of that, like I said its been in the garage, but I am impressed with it so far, especially at the price I got it $3.99 a can.

94LT1
12-13-2008, 09:54 AM
I am a big fan of Meguiars products and have used the Hot Shine twice ( didn't like it) but about a week ago I was in a local store O'Riely's and they had the Stoners More Shine on sale and out of curiosity I bought it, I used it on one of my personal cars ( I always do that before I use it on a customers car) but my car Accord has been in my garage for about a week, but I tell you, it looks really good, not a super overkill of shine , but just the right amount of shine, about durability? not sure of that, like I said its been in the garage, but I am impressed with it so far, especially at the price I got it $3.99 a can.
well after using hot shine for an entire year it cracked my tires and turned them brown.I had to scrub them everytime before i applied tireshine.It dries the rubber out and i was hoping that stoners doesnt turn the tires brown and doesnt dry the sidewalls out

ScottB
12-13-2008, 10:11 AM
alot of the glossy tire sprays use a silicone base which can degrade the coating on tires over time and cause them to brown. I believe the Stoners is water based, quite glossy, dries quickly, and lasts reasonable well unless heavy rain/puddles. It use to have a fine dedicated spray which meant no mess on rims, but I have used it in months.

I like these sprays for wheelwells only to brighten them between cleanings.

94LT1
12-13-2008, 10:14 AM
alot of the glossy tire sprays use a silicone base which can degrade the coating on tires over time and cause them to brown. I believe the Stoners is water based, quite glossy, dries quickly, and lasts reasonable well unless heavy rain/puddles. It use to have a fine dedicated spray which meant no mess on rims, but I have used it in months.

I like these sprays for wheelwells only to brighten them between cleanings.
sounds like a good replacement to hotshine.I plan to pick up some pinnacle black onyx but i dont wanna use it all the time since its cost much more.I was looking for a cheap tire shine to use.

ScottB
12-13-2008, 11:40 AM
sounds like a good replacement to hotshine.I plan to pick up some pinnacle black onyx but i dont wanna use it all the time since its cost much more.I was looking for a cheap tire shine to use.

Pinnacle is a gel formula and has to be used sparingly to dry properly without sling. Sometimes a rewipe is needed. I rather like Poorboys Bright and Bold which is water based, relatively cheap, and nice and glossy. It is not an aerosol however.

Bunky
12-13-2008, 12:45 PM
a I believe the Stoners is water based, quite glossy, dries quickly, and lasts reasonable well unless heavy rain/puddles.

From Stoners' web site:

"More Shine contains no surfactants or water so it lasts longer"

I do not know if this means it has some other carrier.

I have used Hot Shine as a wheel well dressing and it did not seem to have much capacity...much less than Armor All.

02CAMSS
12-13-2008, 12:49 PM
One rainstorm and it is gone and then you are left with nice dull brown tires.

Wendell Jarvis
12-13-2008, 01:06 PM
One rainstorm and it is gone and then you are left with nice dull brown tires.
This is what I was in fear of, the car I put it on has been in my garage for about a week, so I cant give a good opinion on durability yet, but it looks good just sitting in the garage..lol.......

Surfer
12-13-2008, 01:32 PM

I like these sprays for wheelwells only to brighten them between cleanings.:iagree: I've used a few aerosol products and don't like them, sprays everywhere especially if there is a breeze or wind, and hard to get a nice even coat. Worst was Megs Insane Shine, pos.

The sprays are good though for wheel weels, thats what I used them for. Except for Insane Shine, its a gummy/gluey mess and gunk and crap will get stuck to it.

loudog2
12-13-2008, 01:42 PM
I like the wolfgang black diamond tire gel. It has the rubeer conditioners in it. Sling is not bad. I dab by the letters w/a towel to get any excess off. It last a good amount of time.

wytstang
12-13-2008, 03:32 PM
I like the wolfgang black diamond tire gel. It has the rubeer conditioners in it. Sling is not bad. I dab by the letters w/a towel to get any excess off. It last a good amount of time.
This is all I use now, I use a yellow foam appt to spread it thin. I've never had sling and I have yet to need to go back and do a wipe down. I apply it thin and wait at least an hour before I use the car. That's it. It holds up to rain just fine for me.

67Customs
12-13-2008, 04:25 PM
I like using Stoners More Shine and No Touch. I grab which ever is cheaper. They both work extremely well and they have never browned nor cracked my tires. Very easy to apply.

RTexasF
12-13-2008, 08:30 PM
I have used Stoner's More Shine for more than five years. Never once has it turned a tire brown and it is long lasting and durable. The only negative I have seen is using it in a breeze. Drifiting overspray will get on the surrounding areas so I do the tires & wheel wells first prior to washing/polishing/etc. Works very well on engine compartments also.